It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

Carawins HB User
Looking for wonderful book - collection of writings from mothers of autistic children

Hello. My 5 1/2 year old nephew was diagnosed with high functioning autism a few months ago. I wanted to learn more about it and do something helpful for my sister as she started adjusting to this, so I read some web sites. I didn't find what I was looking for - ways that extended family members can be supportive. I happened to meet a woman at a music festival (Merlefest in Wilksboro, North Carolina) who was selling her own wonderful book on the subject of Autism, a collection of essays written by mothers of autistic children for other mothers of autistic children. I bought it for my sister but accidentally lost it on my flight to visit her. I sadly cannot remember the name of it or the author's name, so I'm asking for help on how to locate another copy. Has anyone heard of a book like this? The book's author is the mother of an autistic daughter who is now in her early twenties. She said she felt that other mothers of autistic children would benefit from hearing about the rewards and challenges that many other mothers of autistic children have experienced. The contributors of the essays are from almost every state in the U.S. & several are from other countries. I read about half the book & desperately want to find it again. I really want my sister to be able to read the warm and wonderful words of & get the perspective of other mothers. If anyone has heard of such a book or has any advice on how I might find it, please post it here. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread