It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

uma_anne HB User
Splitting MMR into 3 separate shots - is it better or worse?

My pediatrician has informed us that we can split the MMR vaccination into three separate shots so our daughter doesn’t have to receive three simultaneously in one shot.

My husband and I have been having very heated arguments regarding whether to have her vaccinated through three separate shots. I prefer to have the vaccine separated so that she would receive the measles shot one month, mumps a month later and rubella the following month.

My husband says we should go for the “three-in-one” shot. He says there’s absolutely no evidence that three separate shots are safer. He notes that in fact, it may even be more harmful, and that it would cause our daughter more pain to have to endure three shots vs. one.

Does anyone have any experience with vaccinating their children in three separate shots and if so can you please share? Does anyone think three separate shots may be more dangerous? I’m really not sure of how to win this argument with hubby. We’re both so adamant. I only want what is best for my daughter.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
(female)

MOM23ANGELS HB User
Re: Splitting MMR into 3 separate shots - is it better or worse?

i split up the MMR into 3 different shots for my third child. i felt that my older two children were out of sorts for a couple of weeks after the MMR (all in one). i don't know about any evidence showing that it's better but i did notice that when i allowed the ped. to administer 2 or more shots to my children in one visit (not just the MMR but whatever they were due for) they were definately not themselves for a week or so afterwards. so i just decided that for my third, i would only allow one shot per visit. it worked out great for us this way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User
Re: Splitting MMR into 3 separate shots - is it better or worse?

I can't imagine that it could be bad to split them. Having the three together has been accepted because that is the way it was always offered and recommended. Now we know there may be a problem.

so it seems like it would be ok to me. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T SKIP ANY PART OF IT.

Closed Thread