It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

meechieny HB User
How far apart should you space immunizations?

We have Autism in our gene pool. I believe in the genetic theory for the cause of Autism, but I can't ignore how many people attribute their children's Autism to immunizations. We have a newborn now and I refused her Hep B at the hospital. I would like to wait until she is 2 months old to start her immunizations. Has anyone researched the spacing of immunizations to insure the child's natural immunity is not compromised?
I spoke with a dr at the practice we go to. She is not my daughter's regular dr and she gave me an earful that I am going to have to take responsibility if my daughter misses a scheduled shot. Apparently another parent was "spacing" immunizations and the Roto Virus was overlooked and the window to give it in passed. The parent blamed the dr, the dr was blamming the parent for making it complicated.
I know my regular dr won't give me a problem, but I want to go in there fully informed and have had difficulty finding info on it. I have copied the required immunization schedule and made a calendar for the year to bring with me each visit.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How far apart should you space immunizations?

Get rotavirus, pertussis, (DPT) and HiB as soon as possible. Those protect against very common diseases which are quite dangerous to little babies. The rest can wait until you feel comfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread