It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

Scot gal HB User
Getting good gains.

We have been treating my son biomedically for over 3 years. It has taken a couple of years to get the yeast levels down and therefore we are now in a position to deal with the heavy metal issues.

We have completed our 4th round of chelation (trans-dermal DMSA). The gains are great. Really good eye-contact, playing (or trying to) with us and sister, talking lots although some scripting and not much by way of conversation. He can now ask for what he wants though and reply to questions with "yes" or "no" and a breakthrough with 10 drips of pee in the toilet today! (its a start).

I know we have a long way to go but I also know we are on the right track.

Anyway, thought I'd post the progress report, hope to keep it coming.

For anyone interested in our biomed journey, you might like to look at some of my previous posts.

Best wishes,

Chrissyboysma.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

DrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB UserDrewsG HB User
Re: Getting good gains.

How wonderful for you and your son. My grandson has done very well working with our DAN Dr. He is starting school and looking forward to going. I'm very happy for you.
Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

dyshell710 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drews Gram View Post
How wonderful for you and your son. My grandson has done very well working with our DAN Dr. He is starting school and looking forward to going. I'm very happy for you.
Chris

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

dyshell710 HB User

I'm new to the message board so excuse me if I haven't posted correctly. I have a son that will be five next month and I was wondering if he had autism since he was about 2 years old. I would ask him a question like how old are you and he would simply repeat the question. But as of the age of maybe 3 1/2 to 4 years of age his speech has improved tremendously. He learned his numbers and abc's by the time he was two. I don't know if it has anything to do with me reciting his abc's to as an infant to soothe him. By the time he was three he could count into well into the hundreds, knew his shapes, colors and sounds. He has always been very affectionate with me and his dad and certain members of the family. I notice he is more out going at home. Now at the age of almost five his speech has gotten much better, he talks to family members that he would'nt talk to in the past. He gives out kisses and hugs to extended family members, and loves to play with his cousins and the kids at daycare. My concern is mainly his speech. He asks for what he wants its just that his sentences are sometimes broken up or kind of out of order but this does not happen all the time. I mostly see a differnce in his behaviour when we take him to the doctor, he hates to be examined or he throws terrible temper tantrums when whe does not get what he wants. I have had two doctors that were not his doctors mention autism to be simply because he would not comply with the examination. But the doctors never asked me any of the key autism questions that are red flags, and I have been wondering about autism since. Please give me some insight??

Closed Thread