It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

caza HB User
another day in the world of autism

hi everyone i would like to share with you all afamily day out with my seventeen yearold normal daughter and my seven yearold autistic son we whent to blackpool my daughter wanted to spend the day on the fair with her friend obviously as teens do so we got therm a wrist band for the day in ordre to do this i had to get my son through the gates he was shaking fom head to toe with fear and banging his head in the wall so i removed him from that situation we then lied on the floor in aquiert corner while my daughter got them it took an hour for him to calm down we then took him on the beach were the donkeys scared him then i know he loves soft play so we found one paid the three pound for an hour and he was having aball after ten mins four children started cicking my son in acorner of the soft play he was curled in aball i was shouting and screaming noone could hear because of the noise i dove in the soft play climbed up to my son picked him up and took him out i screamed at thease children wy are you hitting him they said he cant talk properly and he has anappy on i found the biggest childs mother who was having a lovely chat and a coffee not eavon watching her brat sorry child i told her what had happened and yes by this time i was very upset indeed she looked me up and down and replied he shouldnot be in here with normal children arnt there places for them sort of kids i compleatly lost control i hit her i am totally ashamed of it but then we were asked to leave i have felt sick ever since all of those perants were looking at us like they were going to catch something i hate this cruel condition but most of all people who are ignorant with the attitude my kids are ok so get that freak away from our normal beutifull kids thanks for reading caza

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

MOM23ANGELS HB User
Re: another day in the world of autism

i am so sorry about the cruel treatment your son had to endure. the real problem is the ignorance of those parents. i truly believe in what goes around comes around and that woman will get hers.

stay strong.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
(female)

nita_xx HB User

This isn't something that i have had to deal with in my personal life but i am completley appalled by this story.The fact that your son was being kicked is bad enough.I have a three year old daughter and i would obviously defend her and i can imagine how sick you must of felt seeing those brats hurting your son.No i don't know anybody with that kind of autism.I came on here about a friend with suspected aspergers but i still can't fathom how that mother could have that attitude! pure ignorance and i know its not something i should say on here but I would of lamped her one to! they should be apologising to you.You had reason to hit.Those nasty little boys didn't

Good luck with everything.xx

Old 08-30-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
(female)

Carey73 HB User

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear about your terrible outing. I am familiar with the situation and know how terrible it feels to watch your child be marginalised (or even prodded to react so they can then be blamed!) during times when the family is supposed to be 'relaxing'. I am concerned for you because I feel you take it to heart a great deal, so much so that it affects your own behaviour. It is really important as a parent/carer in these situations to remember that you too also need time out to gather your thoughts and 'put yourself back together'. Approaching someone who is ignorant to autism can be frustrating however it can also be a really valuable time to educate others. You would be surprised to know that most mothers actually know their children are not angels and if you approach them in a non-confrontational manner they will often react very apologetically. I am sorry that you hit someone, I do not agree this was appropriate and feel it actually sets quite a bad example for your autistic child who is already struggling with learning what is 'socially acceptable' behaviour. In saying that, I absolutely know how bad you must have felt at that time. I really suggest to you that talking to other parents who have autistic kids would be really useful because you are openly accepted and not made to feel your child is a freak. In fact, most parents of autistic kids probably have a million stories about the most wonderful, beautiful things their kids have done and you will see the beauty of your own child in those stories. I absolutely adore my son and I have also home-schooled him for the last two years, he is currently in grade 2 and is 8 years old. He has a very positive view about autism. We sometimes have another autistic boy (9yo) stay over for play-dates. On one occasion the other child was being your typical rat bag so my son turned to him and said "You don't have autism, your not nice at all!!!!". Priceless

Closed Thread