It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

hollyh825 HB User
Just wondering...

The cause of Autism is baffling, and I am very interested in it. Autism runs in my family, and I am pregnant with a boy. I used a topical retinoid on my face during this pregnancy, and since have done a lot of research on retinoids and autism.

Search the web for "retinoids and pregnancy" to see what I am talking about. Anyway, I have learned that retinoids are in 10,000 products that are available today. Even over the counter products that one might think is safe. This is something that has been on the increase and may (or may not) be a contribution to the epidemic of autism.

What I am wondering is, Does anyone who has a child/children with autism use any kind of face cream (i.e for wrinkles, acne, ec..) during any point in there pregnancy? Even before they knew they were pregnant?

Last edited by hollyh825; 10-07-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
(female)

KathleenW HB User
Re: Just wondering...

Yes, I used Retin-A for the first six weeks of my pregnancy. I was not trying to get pregnant that is why I was using it. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped using it.

It says not to use Retin-A for at least a couple of months before you start trying to get pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread