It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

pregogirl HB User
Your thoughts: I got the flu shot BEFORE knowing I was pregnant-Now I'm worried sick

I received the flu shot one week before by ept results came back positive.

Can receiving a flu shot before anything has really formed in the uterus be one of the causes of Autism? I can't seem to get a "straight answer" from the doctor who only said "things should be ok". What are your thoughts? Anyone had similiar experiences?

Thanks to all that respond.
Pregogirl

Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

dncergrl53 HB User
Re: Your thoughts: I got the flu shot BEFORE knowing I was pregnant-Now I'm worried s

There is no danger having a flu shot while pregnant. In fact, flu shots are recommended for pregnant women. And fetuses who are exposed to the flu shot after 8 months gestation are protected against catching the flu after they are born. You and your baby would be in greater danger, if you caught the flu and it turned into pneumonia. Reduced lung capacity and increased congestion makes this an extra risk when you are pregnant. Rest easy. Don't drink ANY alcohol and take your folic acid along with a balanced diet. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Your thoughts: I got the flu shot BEFORE knowing I was pregnant-Now I'm worried s

My understanding of the possible link to autism is with childhood immunizations, not flu shots given to the mother.

I have to agree with dncergrl...don't stress yourself out! Stress is the last thing you want, pregnant or not. Get some more information, and then enjoy the peace of mind, knowing you did your best.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
(female)

pregogirl HB User

Thank you ladies for your responses. I am finally going to take your advice and enjoy this pregnancy. I have had 2 miscarriages prior to getting pregnanat, so I guess being nervous is just second nature to me at this point. But we aren't given anything we can't handle. Happy Valentines day and all the best to you both!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I am sorry to hear about your losses. That gives you all the more reason to enjoy this one, keep yourself happy, and trust in nature. A relaxed and stress free mom(before, during and after birth), is the biggest gift you can give your little baby...and yourself.

Closed Thread