It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

tysonsmum HB User
is my son autistic?

My son is 33 months old doesnt speak more than 3 significant words but copies a lot of what we say. Flaps his hands, looks very closley at his hands walks around and around things,becomes fixated on objects, has tantrumes when he cant express himself,plays with his toys but no pretend play. He is very loving and has good eye contact but can sometimes ignore and tune people out, he crawls up stairs like a spider,can sometimes be clumsy when walking he is the youngest of 4 kids so he does love to play with them especially things like peekaboo and chasey. He is also very clingy to me we are waiting to get into an autisim peadiatritian so until then we dont know what to think does anyone have any opinions,thanks

Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

nina7281968 HB User
Re: is my son autistic?

My son had some of the same signs We thought he had hearing problems but we got him tested and he could hear fine we put him in school at the age of 4 because he wouldn't talk after a year I am glad to say he talks writes his own name knows his numbers letters it's great. I also joined a online autistic group who give help and info on autistic children they have other parents with helpful tips one I got that I use is liquid vitamin b6 I give my child 1/2 teaspoon a day and I really can tell a big difference it helps children with learning and eye contact it's worked great you might want to try it put it in his juice. I hope I helped alittle.... Nina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
(female)

tysonsmum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina7281968 View Post
My son had some of the same signs We thought he had hearing problems but we got him tested and he could hear fine we put him in school at the age of 4 because he wouldn't talk after a year I am glad to say he talks writes his own name knows his numbers letters it's great. I also joined a online autistic group who give help and info on autistic children they have other parents with helpful tips one I got that I use is liquid vitamin b6 I give my child 1/2 teaspoon a day and I really can tell a big difference it helps children with learning and eye contact it's worked great you might want to try it put it in his juice. I hope I helped alittle.... Nina

Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

tysonsmum HB User

Thanks Nina i'll give it a try.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

I believe the best route to go is to get a full evaluation that way you can know where the most help is needed and get your son the therapies he needs to improve all his communication, self help,and socialization skills. The evaluators will be able to determine if your son is autistic and to what degree. The sooner you know the better the outcome for your son as far as the therapies go.

Good luck and come back here there are people here to lend an ear and give you advice from personal experience.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
(female)

Mira11 HB User

Hi - I would suggest getting a speech therapy evaluation while you're awaiting the ped. appt. so you don't have to waste any more time. At 33 months, it would be wise getting your son started with a good speech therapist, which is most likely what the dr. will tell you to do. His frustration will be helped greatly as communication increases. He sounds like a loving little guy and I hope you can get the ball rolling. Also, does your school system have a good language based pre school program? That would also be of great help.

Re. the Vit. B 6 I have heard that it's good to take it with some magnesium if you can possibly get that in powdered form in his juice as well. Mag. is calming, supposedly, with the B 6. Check out some of the research on the internet.

Let us know how your son is doing.

Closed Thread