It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

rare13 HB User
looking for info

Hi, I am a home health nurse and one of my patients has autism. I would like to talk to someone who knowledgeable about autism. My patient is very smart she can pick out colors, shapes and numbers. She can only say 2 words. I am trying to teach her sign language, she doesn't have good fine motor skills but she is trying. She is only on prescription medication. Her parents say there is a computer for autistic children? They said medicaid will only pay for a child one or an adult one so they are going to wait for the adult one. She is 8 and I think she would benefit from it now, is that right? I am trying to figure out how to get her a child one?

I have read the message boards about detox, I don't know if I could get the parents to do it but if I could find some good material on it maybe that would help.

If someone out there doesn't mind helping me, I would really appreciate it. I feel like I am in this child's life for a reason and that is to possible motivate her parents into doing something.

Thank You.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread