It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
(male)

donegal88 HB User
long known link with autism

I first came across a link with autism in 1988. I just discovered it again on another site. The suspected culprit two decades ago was aspartame. The commercial name is nutrasweet. Aspartame dissolves cholesterol. The brain is 99% cholesterol. The brain lining is 100% cholesterol.
Four presidents in a row, Lyndon, Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter, refused to allow it to be approved. When Ronald Reagan became president, he pressured the head of the FDA to approve the sweetener; at that time a friend of Reagan owned the patent. When the FDA official refused, Reagan fired him and placed someone else at the head of the FDA. This person convened a board of experts to approve aspartame; they refused, and the new boss of the FDA approved it himself. He said it was his way of countering over-regulation. The patent is now held by Monsanto which has its own people on the board of the FDA to protect its products.
Aspartame, according to its inventor, breaks down into formaldehyde and wood alcohol at temperatures over 76 degrees. The first Bush allowed aspartame to be used in baked goods.
You might think you could safely use sucralose instead, but sucralose, which is better known as Splenda, destroys the thymus gland which makes t cells. T cells target infections. Without t cells, you are in the same boat as people with advanced AIDS. The early signs of problems with with sucralose are constipation, fuzzy eyesight, and not being able to think clearly.
What do you do? Avoid anything which has either artificial sweetener and bombard your congressmen, senators and the Obama administration with this information.
By the way, J & J, the band aid company, owns 50% of the patent on sucralose, and also has representation on the board of the FDA.
I wish there was an easy cure for autism, but there is none. The best thing at this time is to keep children from consuming any more of this dangerous substance. It is in many beverages and some foods. Remember it has two names, aspartame and the better known Nutrasweet.

Last edited by donegal88; 09-05-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: misspelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
(female)

Cathy01 HB User
Re: long known link with autism

Wow, I hadn't heard that before. Why has that gotten more attention. My husband gets severe headaches from the smallest amount of nutrasweet. I heard that it fools the body into thinking (some people)it is real sugar so it sends insulin and that is what causes headaches. No pain reliever helped his headaches then the day before I was going to make him go to the doctor I heard about the reactions some people were having .

I am cutting out all artificial sweetners. But what about my chewing gum!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
(female)

Mira11 HB User

This is very interesting. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
(female)

RoxyJuliette HB User

OMG..didnt know this. I have Aspergers (and it has it advantages and disadvantages).

I drink lots of beverages with Aspartame everyday... (and have bin for years).

Do you (or anyone else) have any idea if it will improve my functioning if i stop? My major problem is inactivity (so bad im prescribed ritalin for it, doctors not certain if also ADHD, probably not) and social anxiety.

Last edited by RoxyJuliette; 09-14-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Closed Thread