It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
(female)

mellstar HB User
Unhappy looking for biomedic doctor in australia

Hi...Iv just found this site and im wondering if anyone knows of any biomedical doctors in australia-i have a 4 year old daughter who is autistic and has many issues with her body.She has so many allergies to foods and im still in the process of finding out what she can and cant have-I need to find a biomedic doctor to help me on the path to getting her out of pain and sorting her body out-i would love to hear from anyone who knows of any biomedic doctors or good health professionals that work with autistic kids or who have any advice to give me-thanks so much from mell

Old 02-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
(female)

narcheska HB User
Re: looking for biomedic doctor in australia

Hi!

I just went to see an autism pediatrician today, he is in Sydney and his name is Antony Underwood. He uses biomedical approach, and also homúopathy and Rudolph Steinerís anthroposophy. He was so lovely, he listened to me and didn't make me feel like an idiot, like the other doctors do.

My daughter does not have autism but she has AD/HD with some autistic characteristics, and severe digestive problems. The only things she could eat where rice, lamb and a little bit of broccoli or potato. As I breastfed her til she was 1, I had to eat that also! She screamed after every feed so I had to cut my food and her food back to just those four things (though too much broccoli gives her insomnia).

She is salicylate sensitive, and preservative/additive sensitive. In Sydney there is an amazing network called FailSafe Eating, you can find out more on Sue Dengate's site Fed Up with Food Additives.

But you can go crazy trying to find out which diet is right. You could also do casein/wheat free (which we don't do), or the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (which I am thinking of trying). You need a dietition to help, at least initially, then you can experiment!

There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you need more info, feel free to PM me.

Much love, Simone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
(female)

mellstar HB User
Re: looking for biomedic doctor in australia

Hi simone...Thank you so much for your reply and your advice...Im sorry its taken me so long to thank you but iv had my laptop in for repairs.
Its really lovely to hear from someone who knows what im on about and understands about how hard it is to find the right balance for our children( with food issues).
Thank you so much for letting me know about this doctor,Im very excited to see him and finally see a doctor who deals with autistic kids and biomedics.
It sounds like you are on top of things with your daughter and i hope all is going great with her.
Thank you again for your kindness and help.....from mell

Closed Thread