It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
(female)

Bertha Marie HB User
Is there anyone out there who is married to a man who is autistic?

I have been married to a man who was diagnosed with autism four years into our marriage. I knew there was something wrong when I married him but I didn't care; I loved him anyway. I am so glad my Heavenly Daddy took two broken people and made us one! Yippy!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
(female)

cyr HB User
Re: Is there anyone out there who is married to a man who is autistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha Marie View Post
I have been married to a man who was diagnosed with autism four years into our marriage. I knew there was something wrong when I married him but I didn't care; I loved him anyway. I am so glad my Heavenly Daddy took two broken people and made us one! Yippy!
hi there, yes my husband of 16years has aspergers as does our son and sometimes i find it impossibile to live so it is great to hear that you are having a good life. just don't have kids instead addopt there are so many kids out there that need a loving home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
(female)

elepots HB User

hi i am the aspergic wife lol i have 3 kids and my middle child has aspergers also my hubby and i have been together for 12 years and he has become what is known as an aspie translator,i'm glad that u r so in love with ur man and that u dont mind his quirkyness with being so open to it all u to maybe come his translator,having an aspie child is a little difficult but its not so bad,u should read a book called aspergers from the inside out it will give u an idea what is going on in ur hubbies head.good luck lmao

Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
(female)

Bertha Marie HB User
Wink Re: Is there anyone out there who is married to a man who is autistic?

Thanks for your replies ladies! My husband has true Autism...he is high functioning though. Do either of you go to church? Does your church accept your men? We are both born again Christians and every church we have been to expects me as his wife to make him normal? Only God can do that...I like him the way he is anyway! He is so loveable...Autism is a spectrum you can be on one end where you don't like to be touched like Temple Grandin or you can be on the other end of the spectrum where you crave touch like my husband. He Needs to be able to hug the people he likes.

He hugs by pressing him ear up to the person's cheek...he likes the softness of their face...is that sweet or what? Instead of nicely telling him that they would prefer not to be hugged the complain to the pastor and the pastor insists that I put a stop to it? Believe me I've tried...I can't do it, only my heavenly Father can...if that is his will. Why would He want to change my husband? He created him just the way he is! Maybe my husband is autistic to teach church members to have Agape love for others?

Have a beautiful day ladies! Keep focusing on the good stuff, it really helps to enjoy life!

In Christian Love,
Bertha Marie

Last edited by Bertha Marie; 03-23-2010 at 05:41 AM.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
(female)

Bertha Marie HB User

I have no intention of having children...I have no desire to be a single parent. Plus everything bad imaginable has happened to me as a little girl and sins are passed from generation to generation...I want it to stop. If I get in a mood to be around children I borrow someones kids for a day...I get to take them home, yippy!

Besides that I am like a mother to my husband anyway...he is like a child socially and emotionally. If we are out taking our terribly romantic walks I have to watch him just like you do a child...he will bob off right in front of a car? He has no fear of things that are a real danger, he is scared of the dark and bushes, stuff like that.

My heavenly Daddy knew I would be married to a man with Autism that's why I never had the desire to have children of my own, I am married to one.

I was one of those children needing a loving home...but one never came? I was 11-years old when I went into foster care and nobody wanted an older child! If we ever decided to adopt a child, it would be an 11-year old child.

In Christian Love,
Bertha Marie

Last edited by Bertha Marie; 03-23-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: I forgot something?

Closed Thread