It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
(female)

travinda HB User
is this depression or is it connected to my AS

im recently diagnosed AS, it was a great relief to actually have a name for it as ive struggled all my life.
i joined a support forum and it was a life line in those periods when i just wanted to be alone and it helped me so mush to understand things.
ive always had a low self esteem even though im told im very attractive, i suffered a lot of unwanted attention both when out and at work, to the extent where i chose not to go out.
as i say the forum was great, but a week ago they were talking about putting pictures on, so i did. i had lots of comments and attention, however the same day i was blocked by the forum (its been resolved now, and it was an error which everyone was very sorry for), but during the few days it took to sort it out i paniced, i felt i couldnt cope with out it. id convinced my self it was my picture and again my self esteem just went to the floor. i felt alone, no one to talk to or confide in, i got anxious, depressed, and hated myself. im feeling a bit better now but havent been able to go back on there through fear really. is this part of my AS or would you say its just depression?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
(female)

Mira11 HB User
Re: is this depression or is it connected to my AS

well i think the emotions of anxiety and depression can be part of the symptoms of asperger's so it is possible that you are feeling them in a heightened way now. i would consider talking with your dr. about this for possible medications to help you through this if it becomes more and more troublesome to you.

and btw, many people have feelings of insecurity and how they look and come across to others, just as you have described.

you sound very in touch with your feelings which is good. good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
(female)

travinda HB User
Re: is this depression or is it connected to my AS

thankyou for replying, it helps to know that its probably just my insecurity. was never insecure until about 7 years ago, a bad relationship started that! i wish there was a way of getting back to being secure as i dont want to feel eppisodes like that again. i feel so silly afterwards

Closed Thread