It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User
My 9 years old daughter is getting worst everyday,please help

Please help.My daughter is biting and screaming everyday.She bites her hand when she is frustrated.I cannot bear to see her like this anymore.Me and my son have many scars too.When I bring her to fetch my son, she quickly takes off her seat belt and comes front to bite him.I can't even pull her down because she is bigger built than her brother and of course,I am driving as well.I dont have a help and its a risk everytime I am taking out my car.

When we go to church,she will be quiet for a while than she starts screaming.We have to quickly bring her into the car and stand outside the church to celebrate mass.Before she screams,she usually twist one of her hand with another hand and starts making her growling sound.She screams so loudly that I have to keep my doors and windows closed all the time coz my neighbours are already showing signs of unhapiness.

At times when I don't allow her to do somethings,like tear books,soak in bath tub etc she will do something to upset me.She might just urine on the sofa,mess up more when I am not looking or tear up all the tissues and soak them with my lens cleaner, anything and everything that makes me regret for saying no to her.

I am not doing any therapy with her now.I did ABA,sensory integration,Behaviour assessment,music,horseback riding etc.Nothing seems to work and financially my resources are depleted.We are now vegetarian and trying our best to have gluten free diet.Kindergarten near my house did not want to accept her and I have been advised against sending her to school.She doesnt converse but I feel she understands most of what we are saying.I am from Malaysia.She is my answered prayer for a baby girl but everyday I am feeling like a failure mom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

believe7 HB User
Re: My 9 years old daughter is getting worst everyday,please help

It can be very over whelming but it sounds like to much yeast..your Pd can give you flagyl to kill off the yeast and try to not give her yeast in her diet( im not a Dr just my opinion) also you said your doing a gluten free diet are you also doing a casein free diet? does she consume alot of sugar or dyes?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

adalinep HB User

Just wanted to send you some hugs and prayers that things get better. You sound like an awesome mom!!!! Just the fact you have persevered and tried everything you have shows the type of mom you are-committed and loving! God bless you!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thank you so much.Will check with my pd.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thank you for being so nice.I truly appreciate your kind gesture.I needed that assuarance as well.May God bless you for your good and non-judgmental heart.Thanks

Old 03-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

about the biting , My son had a boy in his class who was a biter. Generally he would bite his hands . I find that many autistic children or adults are more aggressive when they lack the verbal skills to experess their feelings.
One thing that was especially made for Paul was something like a wooden block covered in fabric . SO when he needed to bite , he would bite on that.
Giving them alternatives instead sometimes works a lot better then trying to eliminate the entire behavior in itself.
I could not take my kid to church either >their is no way that would work ,he probably start on one of his laughing fits .
I wish you the best. In the USA all children are entiteled to a free and oublic education. Special needs children are placed in the right placements , we hope for the Severely handicaped child. My son is in one of those classrooms and is thriving.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thanks so much on your input.Will try the wooden block covered in fabric.The rest, I leave it to God.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
(female)

Mira11 HB User

Hi - You are NOT at all a failure as a mom. You sound like a wonderful mother actually. Your daughter sounds like she has severe anxiety and the safety and well being of her and your son you absolutely should see a child psychiatrist or child neurologist about getting your daughter on medications for anxiety. Your son and you should not have to be bitten all the time like this - it is not safe nor healthy.

Call a large hospital nearby to get a referral or ask your pediatrician for one and get something to help your daughter get some relief from this anxiety.

Please come back and tell us what has happened.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:25 AM   #9
(female)

sooiep33 HB User

Don't feel like a failure, you work so hard every day and fight against something that we know so little about. Two months ago I started giving my autistic son a 3 combo of probiotics. Now, he has no signs of autism. He is still shy and still has anxiety. However, if he were to be re-evaluated today, there is no way they would label him autistic.

About thinking that your daughter understands everything, trust that she DOES. Read an amazing book called "How can I talk if my lips don't move" and you will never look at autism the same way again.

Good for you for being such a wonderful mom!!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
(female)

maxwell54 HB User
Smile Re: My 9 years old daughter is getting worst everyday,please help

Octvavia, My heart goes out to you. Your post brought tears to my eyes. It is so sad to think you would worry about being judged poorly when you have done and are doing all you can. My grandaughter has autism and is 5 years old. I can totally relate to your daughters behavior and see my grandaughter in similar situations. She too has recently started to bite on her hands when she gets nervous or upset. Some things she just can't tolerate and she goes into terrible tantrums. My daughter is trying everything she can too. She is on a gluten caisin free diet and gets b12 shots and other vitamins, fish oil etc. I don't see too much improvement since the diet started but I am not with her 24/7. All I can say is try to stay connected with others that share this pain with you. You are not alone. I know how you feel though, the looks from others that don't understand are very hurtful. I am fiercely defensive of my grandaughter so I may overreact to the stares but I can't help it. People don't know and it isn't their fault yet it hurts me and I get upset. The sad truth is that it is becoming so common that I am surprised more folks in society are not familiar with the tantrums and symptoms. When I see a child having a tantrum in public my reaction is certainly different than it was years ago. I was one of those stranges that stared with disapproval, now not so much! God bless and stay strong.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thank you so much for your comment.It was so resourceful and heart warming for me.I am so glad I joined this board because I received very positive,supportive and so so understanding messages from all those who commented on my posting.I never knew there will be people out there who will be so willing to give me a such comforting words and not quick to find fault in me.Thank you for being a messager of God to me.

I am so so happy to hear about your son.I am so glad such a wonderful thing is happening in your life.You are indeed blessed.

I hope to know more about about the 3 combo of probiotics.Probably I can find out whether I can get it here.How old is your son now?

Meanwhile,I will try to get the book you suggested.

Thank you again and hope to hear from you.God bless.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thank you so much.It was beautiful to hear from such a protective and caring mom amd grandmom.I found that my greatest support came from the members of this board.I am forever grateful to all of you who gave me a pat on my back.I truly needed it.

Indeed it is tough most of the time but its so helpful when other members of the family are involved in the development of the child.You are such a great mother and grandmother and truly your grandchild is so blessed to have you in her life.

I believe one find day we can find peace in all that we are doing now.Thank you again for you kind words.God bless.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
(female)

Octavia1010 HB User

Thank you so much for your support.I am planning to take my daughter to a child psychiatrist in the coming weeks.I will try to keep you posted of the outcome.I am also looking into some of the suggestion of some parents on the board.Hope something good will come out of all of this.
Thank you again.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
(female)

Mira11 HB User

I am glad to see that you will be taking your daughter to see a child psychiatrist. It will be very good for you and your family to have your daughter under his/her care. Keep us posted!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #15
(female)

sooiep33 HB User

Remember that no matter what strangers may think, you are always doing what is best for your daughter. I have had people poke me in the back and tell me to "shut your damn kid up"!!! When he would be in the middle of a meltdown in public. Awful.

My son is 4 1/2 and has been different since birth. I never gave up believing that there was a way to help him get past this and now, have found it! Even if probiotics or biomedical treatment don't work for your daughter, keep searching, I believe you can find ways to help her, if not now, then soon. The book is amazing, a huge lesson into the world of autism. Where do you live? The probiotics can be found most everywhere.

Take care and chin up mom!

Closed Thread