It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

ceeceee HB User
need help

my daughter is 2years old with autism and she dont eat food she love her bottle with baby food please help me

Last edited by ceeceee; 04-21-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
(female)

Mira11 HB User
Re: need help

some kids with autism have the kinds of sensory issues that make eating certain types of solid foods more difficult. is your daughter in an early intervention program yet? if she has a diagnosis of autism, she would qualify for EI through your school district.

and the EI program has occupational therapists on staff who should be able to help you come up with solutions for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

ceeceee HB User

i have a lot of service and it is not working as of yet. Thankyou very much FOR your help ad telling about the diffent service out here. we had tryed alot of thing not giving her the bottle half water she is so bad that she would not eat anything and cry all day long.I FELL SO BAD for her so i give in

Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

Gaelfish HB User

Try rice milk instead of cows milk, she may be kind of addicted to the cows milk. Same goes for the cereal, try rice cereal or other gluten free cereal. See if there is any change in her behaviour. Google the link between gluten caesin intolerence and autism, there is so much info out there, kind of mind boggeling to begin with.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
(female)

Mira11 HB User

ceecee - i agree that the answer is NOT to make her go without food. she'll just feel ill and even more frustrated.

have you tried actual baby food in the jars? many are very tasty and the texture is very soft so that may be a way to get more solids into her?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
(female)

ceeceee HB User

thank you again every one.I am going to try the rice milk and rice foods and i also will try the baby food again pls pray that this works and thank you again and i will start look on the net; but i really dont know what to look for;so pls if you have any info that my help me pls let me know.

Last edited by ceeceee; 04-23-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
(female)

jntt1 HB User

children with autism often present with very limited food choices; if your insurance will pay for it try to get her to see a feeding therapist; call your state department of education to see about the availability of early intervention programs; she is very young and great progress can be made; the day she turns 2 1/2 contact your local school district by letter requesting a meeting with the child study team so that all is in place and she can begin public school at age 3 in a program for autistic preshcoolers

Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
(female)

Mira11 HB User

all great advice by jntt; however you don't need to contact your school district by mail. i simply called the director of special education and got the ball rolling.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
(female)

jntt1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira11 View Post
all great advice by jntt; however you don't need to contact your school district by mail. i simply called the director of special education and got the ball rolling.

Closed Thread