It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
(female)

secure331 HB User
Smile Help me help my son!!

This is my first time on this site and I'm a bit over anxious. My son is 14 years old but acts younger. He says he wants friends but dosen't stay motivated enough with them or loses interest. My son watches too much t.v. , video games etc and we fight too much over it. My son has trouble with social cues and things are not always clear to him. He also has trouble with the word NO. He wants to be the class clown but he's more annoying to others than getting a laugh. Although he was not diagnosed with Autisim, I feel that he is on the spectrum. I am looking for a behavior therapist/ pediatric or adolescent psychologist or someone who can help me address these problems. I am married but my husband and I are not on the same page. I live in Queens, New York.
Any referrals or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Elaine

Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

Mira11 HB User
Re: Help me help my son!!

hi - i would suggest calling the closest university hospital and ask for the department of psychiatry and then ask them for a referral for an adolescent therapist for a teen with asperger's type symptoms.

or, ask your pediatrician's office for a referral.

you could also do some searching on the internet for asperger's support groups in your area and contact the president/s of some groups. often this can lead to a lot of ideas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
(female)

jntt1 HB User
Re: Help me help my son!!

call nyu; they have a department that deals with children with emotional issues and can
put you in touch with the right people

Closed Thread