It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
(female)

thisisme85 HB User
adult high functioning autistic

hi all

i'm completely new to this site. but decided to join some sort of online autism community today, to try and find people who are a bit more like me. i feel extremely alone and alien and im just looking for some frienly conversation. i have high functioning autism and it's only recently been diagnosed at a psychiatric hospital. it helps to know what it is, but it doesnt help me feel more 'normal' in the ways that i would like to. e.g. socially, freaky public meltdowns etc. i'm 25 year old female artistic personality.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
(female)

BobiM HB User
Re: adult high funcyioning autistic

I don't know where you live but there is a very active adult support group for Asperger's syndrome (high functioning autism) in NYC called G.R.A.S.P.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

Bertha Marie HB User
Re: adult high functioning autistic

Hi! I am married to a sweet man who was diagnosed with autism as an adult...35-year-old adult mind you! We are going on ten years of marriage, I loved him in spite of what ever it was that made him so different, four years into our marriage he was diagnosed with autism active.

I'm new here, I am a born again child of God. Both my husband and I are disabled. My husband has an anxiety disorder, a personality disorder and he is Autistic, I had a near fatal car accident November 20th, 1998! I was given 5-minutes to live they said if I did live I would be a vegetable...they had the wrong food group! I'm a FRUIT! My Heavenly Daddy was not done with me yet...he wanted me to marry my sweet dear autistic husband, Brian.

My sweet dear autistic husband and I have been married for going on ten years!

Everything bad imaginable has happened to me as a little girl...I've been tortured, starved and abused in EVERY other way. My first marriage was very abusive, I became an alcoholic and addicted to gambling.

Thanks everyone!
In Christian Love,
Bertha Marie

Last edited by moderator2; 07-13-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Closed Thread