It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

momof4inKY HB User
Question moving and need help knowing which city to move to...

My husband and I are currently living in KY and are planning a move. We are very pleased with the services that my son currently recieves at his school here, but its been very hard for us to make it in this area (between the high cost of housing and small job market). We are currently looking at four different locations and I would like some imput if anyone has information about school districts and state Medicaid programs for any of the following cities/ states: Tinley Park (IL), Fishers (IN), Overland Park (KS), Blue Springs (MO), and Clarksville (TN). Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!
Oh, one more thing. Not sure if this is helpful or not, but my son is 11 years old, will be in the 5th grade this coming school year, is moderately autistic, and is nonverbal. He is currently in a sped classroom, but gets to go to pe, art, music, recess, etc. with mainstream students. He recieves pt, ot, speech, and music therapy as well. Again, thanks for any and all help! God bless!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
(female)

Mira11 HB User
Re: moving and need help knowing which city to move to...

I do not know any specifics about the cities you mention but my suggestion would be to contact the autism society/group in each city and ask whomever you speak with for some input on the schools. Perhaps try to talk with several individuals who have children your son's age.

Also, contact the director of sped in each city and ask questions about what kinds of services can be provided and what kinds of autism support professionals are on staff. Ask what type of classroom they think would be appropriate for your son and get a feeling for how you like their answers.

Hope people from these cities answer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread