It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
(male)

zwhelen HB User
Another autistic child? help

I have a 3 1/2 old boy with autism. And I was so~~ happy to see my newborn cooing and smiling at me when he was 2 months old. I felt I was always smiling at that time. But everything changed after he got his 2 month old immune shot. He stopped cooing, his eye contact is less, and he is a very quiet baby now at 5 months. He makes very short eye contact, and it can be better when he is laying on his back or with a distance. When he is lift up or close to my face, he will look at somewhere else. He will smile at me but barely laughing. He used to "talk" to me for 20 minutes at 2 months but not a sound now. In a word. a lot of red flags regarding autism. He is almost the same with his brother as a baby, but he used to be so so different at one time. I decided to postpone his vaccination and other than that, I want to do everything i can do to find back my communicative baby. Has anybody ever seen this happen before, as early as 2 months? if there is, what reason could it be? Is there anything I should check or any lab test I should do that come into your mind? Please help me. I am so desperate for a healthy kid, please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User
Re: Another autistic child? help

There is some in the autism world that say see it is the vaccines despite no evidence to that. some say it is disintegrative disorder. please go to www.cdc.gov see the autism page. researchers now know at least that if two parents have one child with autismt he odds are against them for having more. i know families that have 4 and 5 kids with autism.

i have two children the first one was ok the second one a girl was born with autism. you her shots were behind but she did not open her hands as much and noise bothered here early on and was so colicky.

if your older child has it best to this one tested and into therapy soon. ei does work. my daughter began at around 20 months. therapy that is. I am sorry but it is growing worldwise and the govt is doing a natl health research program as to find out why.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
(female)

Mira11 HB User

I would continue to sing, talk, smile, even read to your baby just as you have been. Keep up all the interactive things that you have been doing. You might also want to look into a birth to three early intervention program since you have an older child and are seeing these signs. Your school district should be able to give you information about this, or call your local office of developmental disabilities.

You won't know for certain for awhile, but it certainly couldn't hurt to do early intervention right now.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
(male)

zwhelen HB User

Thank you guys, it's just so hard to accept this. I will try to contact the ped and the school district. Well, good thing is I am pretty familiar with the people in charge of this after my first one. The change after the shot is just so obvious that I even think I find the cause thus it can be reversible. Naive?Whatever thanks for your suggestions.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

go to www.cdc.gov see the autism page they have.

I have one child with severe pdd and dev delays. It is not been easy but what can you do? Yoiu can love them some days cry some others but it is what it is. You know already it is best to start early therapy now. Good luck and god bless.

Closed Thread