It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

mariosmom HB User
Unhappy baby how signs of autism

i am ver concerned i have a one year old baby who show some known signs of autism. he is at times withdrawn, likes to play alone versus with his sibling which in a wy i understandable. but he doesnt show signs of affection. i hug and kiss him and get no affection in return i get a shrug of the shoulder. it puts a big burden on my heart and makes me feel as a parent that i did something wrong that maybe i didnt show him affection but i am always trying to hold him, kiss him and hug him. worried and scared can somone answer some if these for me. in desperate need don't know what elses to do. any insight would be appreciated:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: baby how signs of autism

Try not to worry too much. Every child is different. You can't expect him to be like his sibling. My youngest son was always happier playing by himself and I hardly ever got a hug or kiss. I can remember one Christimas when he was about 5 that I got a huge hug and kiss for some cowboy boots! That's really been about it and he's in his 30's now. He's just never been demonstrative in his showing of affection. His older brother is just the opposite and is always there with a hug and affection. Accept each child as their own person and personality. If you see other signs of abnormal development, you can speak with your pediatrician. Nowadays they have us worrying about everything and over scrutinizing each and every behavior. I wish you well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
(female)

Mira11 HB User
Re: baby how signs of autism

It is true that all kids are different and your one year old may not be the huggy type. What I would suggest is asking your pediatrician what he/she thinks - they will be able to focus in more on what may or may not be a problem and give you appropriate referrals if that is needed ie early intervention. Your baby is very young but there is nothing wrong with starting now if help is needed and I think the pediatrician would be a good place to start. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread