It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
(female)

Maribeth19 HB User
Question I am so sad! GFCF troubles

My son is still waiting on a diagnosis but is most likely has PDD or Aspbergers. I have tried to get him help previously, but because he knows his colors numbers letters and can answer basic questions has good motor skills etc. I got alot of he's very active but he seems to be okay, bring him back in 6 mos.

I should have fought harder, but it was so easy to believe I was paranoid, I knew he was losing skills not gaining, now he is testing slightly delayed, definitely has problems and I feel like a really bad mom. All my friends don't see it because he is loving and loves people.They all say he has ADHD, he's just stubborn, he's fine. He is such a mix of sweet and difficult and funny and endearing and frustrating as all get out.

Anyway I pinned my hopes on the GFCF diet, mainly because it is something tangible that I can do to help him. I figure if the only benefit is he tries a vegetable then I have succeeded. I started 12 days ago. Things were going great behavior and language and eye contact were all improving. I got rid of wheat first because he is not a milk drinker anmd only eats cheese and butter from dairy, this monday took away dairy as well. Well diarhea and constipation since monday, but behavior still good. Today behavior was awful. Talked in his baby dragon voice(high pitch awful), refused to answer questions, hit, climbed all over me all day. I am so dissapointed. Is this normal?
I plan to keep going and power through for at least another 6 weeks, but a little reassurance would be worth a lot right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread