It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

adnanmahwish HB User
is this autism help me plz

hi my son is 23 month old he is very active
- he use some words ,like happy and ama , aba and use alot of his own language he want to talk on phone in his own language
- he understand simple sentenses like go to washroom, get yours bottle he will point his body parts almost 6 parts
-he also know some signs such as help, eat
- he did show things to us . he also recognize certain pictures in book some time ,he is wrong but he did point
- he is very loving he did kiss me and happy
- he had maintain good eye contect we me but some time when he is angrey on me he will go in corners and avoid eye contect .
-when ever he need any thing he cries and come to me and if i ask him u need this. he will started to laugh , he will also demand that he want to watch cartoons he know various cartoon character name and if i ask any thing during show like where is elephant he will go and show me this is elephant ,
- he sing with me various poems and also do there action with me .love to read books
- when he was 15 month old he was doing hand flapping and toe walking but know this is improved alot, some time he still do flapping but for seconds .
- since birth he had feeding isues but now this improved alot, he ate rice and soft solid food easly ,
- regarding social he is very social and talkative with adults but with children he is not much social but he play with them (means he like to play in kids area with kids , but he played his own games)
-he copy every thing, imitate alot .
-i find his tongue is tie infact his tongue in not moving laterally and he not able to clean food from roof of his palate , and membren is short and thick but still he can move his out and little bit of upward movement (but not other movements ).
- some time during watching cartoon he would move his head down and try to see them inverted and he is bit organize but also spreading things some time
-very clever when i open my laptop .he came and close it if i say i am going to open cartoon for you he will open it again and came in my lap and watch cartoons ,
-he do point to door if i say where is baba means he know baba was outside
-i am only worrid his vocablary is keep growing but his speaking skill is stuck to 5 words since 3 months , and although he point alot but he can,t point to the thing he want and if ask get this get this he know and he do that means he know t he use and name of things but know how ask from me
-his mouth is very sensitive to cold and warm if i gave him icecream he had gag imidiatly ,and had habbit to chew cloth some time
i book my appoinment to speech theary already jut want to know that autism or just speech delay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: is this autism help me plz

I read your whole thread, and could not find any charastistics of autism. What I did pick up is that your son has some kind of tounge movement issue. This certainly would impede his language abilitys. Your child might be eligible for early intervention services to improve his speech skills, by a speech therapist.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
(female)

adnanmahwish HB User

thanks for the response but some time my son looks he understand every thing but some time when i ask him to point some thing he point it wrong like if ask nose he point eye , some time he looks confuse about comands . this normal on 23 month old , when go out side he looks very shy he would say some of his own language if somebody want to talk to him but he cant go to any one to make contect he keep watch them .go close to them play at same place but cant look in there eyes just busy in his play and toys . my mother in law told me my husband i also very shy person ,

Old 03-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Where I am from their is whats called an early intervention programs. For children under 3 years old. If their are any programs like that in your area I would check into it.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

adnanmahwish HB User

i aready have an appoinment for early intervension but the have long waiting list , which make me more depressed,

Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
(female)

Try not to be depressed. You have done nothing wrong. Don't blame yourself either, if your child needs services. Hang in there, your child needs you to be strong.

Closed Thread