It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

triciarae1 HB User
Other parents insight on Immunizations and the link to Autism

I have done research on this due to my son developing signs of autism and aspergers after receiving his immunizations to enter into school. Before that, he had no signs! I now have a granddaughter that's 3 weeks old and Dr's. will soon be telling me that it's required, which I know it's not. I would just like some feedback from parents about not immunizing your children and why you chose not to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
(female)

levans HB User
Re: Other parents insight on Immunizations and the link to Autism

I believe that all medicines and medical procedures should be investigated by parents. Before I pick up a prescription I look up to see if it is a safe drug and has been investigated properly by the FDA. If not then I ask for a safer alternatives. With immunizations I looked at the ingredients and did not like what I saw.

Last edited by levans; 09-18-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: accidently reposted this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
(female)

levans HB User

I first started questioning immunization because a relative on my husband's side was pretty sure that immunization was the cause of autism in their two sons. At that time they had three sons the first two were autistic and got immunized. The 3rd one was normal and healthy and not immunized.
So I decided to start investigating myself. I looked online and read up what the CDC had to say concerning their immunization and the ingredients in them. I looked at a site for reporting side affects to immunizations. I was very concerned by what I read, and that is when I decided to investigate safer alternatives. The alternative I decided to take was not have my children immunized at all.
When my middle child was born and they wanted to inject her with the Hepatitis B vaccine, I asked them why and they said that it protects her. Since I didn't have Hepatitis B and I'm sure an infant can't have sex, I didn't understand and they couldn't explain it to me.
My two youngest children were not immunized but my youngest child has is displaying mild autistic behaviors. Even though that is the case, my gut feeling tells me that if I would have had her immunized she would be full-fledged autistic. My youngest nephew has been diagnosed with autism also, even though he did not get his immunization shots. His autism is mild compared to his older brothers.
I think that the CDC does not require you to immunize your child if they have side affects to the immunization shots. Also if the child has a cold, or is sick they recommend you not to immunize your child at that time. That is what I got out from my research. I think everyone should research on their own. I even look up prescription medicine to see how safe they actually are.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

sswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB Usersswallow HB User

We got our's done privately and individually instead of the MMR. We didn't do the second Rubella because I've read that it only confers immunity to about 12 which is reaching the time a girl would need her immunity - an naturally caught Rubella confers a lifetime immunity, which we thought would be better.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Just for the record:

14 studies have examined the vaccine-autism link. 13 found no link. The one that did was performed by a man who had accepted large sums of money from lawyers who wanted to sue vaccine manufacturers.

Please, if your daughter reaches age 10 without getting rubella, please get her immunized before puberty.

Last edited by mod85; 09-18-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

The whole thing about immunizations causing autism spectrum has been studied and reasearched several years ago. Nothing was found and their still is no solid medical evidence . No letting your children get vaccinated is a huge risk, it could kill your kids or make them severely ill. UNtil their is more evidence and they find what causes autism I had my son Immunized. He does have autism and cognitive delays and did have behavioral signs a s an infant. I do not think it had anything to do with vaccines.

Closed Thread