It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
(female)

Nellykins HB User
Cool I have answers to my life now! lol

I've written this post like three times over I can't get it right... so I'll just skip to the important stuff, I was diagnosed with high functioning autism two weeks ago (first picked up because of my violent body twitches and lack of eye contact about a month ago by my psychologist) I never would have thought I was autistic because I'm so happy on the internet, I have hundreds of friends online! but only 2 in real life, I didn't think of a connection, either way, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for getting jobs? calming down the body twitches? telling family? (I have a very large reunion coming up next month abroad and I'm kinda worrying about telling that side of the family about it... I haven't seen them in 14 years...)

Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: I have answers to my life now! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellykins View Post
I've written this post like three times over I can't get it right... so I'll just skip to the important stuff, I was diagnosed with high functioning autism two weeks ago (first picked up because of my violent body twitches and lack of eye contact about a month ago by my psychologist) I never would have thought I was autistic because I'm so happy on the internet, I have hundreds of friends online! but only 2 in real life, I didn't think of a connection, either way, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for getting jobs? calming down the body twitches? telling family? (I have a very large reunion coming up next month abroad and I'm kinda worrying about telling that side of the family about it... I haven't seen them in 14 years...)

Any advice would be really appreciated!!
My son gets body twitches in times of stress or a big change. Try not to get yourself so overwhelmed , and stress out. This may helpdecrease the body movements. Voc rehab center offer job training services and job placement to people with disabilites. You may want to try them . Look for one in your county.
You might want to get a second opinion to see if the diagnoses is the same. When you are ready you can tell your close friends and family members, but don't feel like you have to do so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread