It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face Gosh, I hope I am at the right spot. Irrevocable?

Hi all.

I am usually on the depression board. I have a questions. And I am at the right place.

I have a mother whom is been raising a handicapped son now 47 and she herself is having health issues. Myself and my Sister will be POA of him when mom can't be anymore. She has been dx with early dementia and she is aware that something is wrong with her and love her son to death.......... WILL Not put him in a home , However he is on a DDI waiting list???????

I love my mother dearly and her an my dad put this stuff off and now dad is gone and has been for awhile and mom is worried about when she is gone about my brother burial? She can not for the life of her get insurance on him for he is considered "SPECIAL" and NOBODY will insure him so when something does happen how will this be paid.........?? He has SS and a think called "a Special needs trust fund" but who know what will be their when it is time. This is really bothering her and I WANT TO HELP EASE HER..........can anyone help???

I talked to my brothers case worker and sure enought she said NO they will not isures a handicapped person.....................this makes me sick to my stomach...........how dare them. she did mention a "irrevocable" trust to talk to my mom and the funeral home about.

Can anyone lead me to the light? Pls. I will need this down the road........and want mom to feel at ease..............she is 78! God Bless.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: himmylover
sswallow (11-03-2011), tinkerbell45 (10-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread