It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

motherslove2012 HB User
3yr old son diagnosed 'At Risk' for Autism- PDD nos

My son has been diagnosed with 'At Risk' for PDD-NOS and Slow Learning. He has been approved for Long Term Care. He is very high functioning. One thing that has been hard on the family is his yelping/screaming. Sometimes he yelps when he's told no, when we don't get his milk fast enough, even if we look at him and say hi then he'll run over to me and hit me.. This morning he woke up, sat up on his bed, and began yelping. He usually gets out of bed and runs in our bedroom or the family room. He is starting to mimic words, say more. He can sing real well. Sometimes in high soprano then he changes to alto. So, he's doing real well in other ways, but the yelping is waring. Does anyone have any advice and/or suggestions? Help!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

ourbabypeterson HB User
Re: 3yr old son diagnosed 'At Risk' for Autism- PDD nos

My son is 2.5 and was given a diagnosis for PDD nos and Disruptive Behavior Disorder.

He screams all day long, there is no rhyme or reason to it... he screams cause he is happy, sad, mad, and just for the heck of it. He has a very small vocabulary, but he seems to understand a lot.

We've been dealing with this scream for nearly a year and a half. We found out at 18 months that he was nearly deaf... which explained why he wasn't really speaking... at the time, but a year has passed, his hearing has improved and his vocabulary hasn't improved where I want it. According to Drs, he is a 2.5 year old with the function of a 1.5 year old. He's quite clumsy as well. I hope someone on here has some ideas to at least get him to quiet down a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply