It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
(female)

coni79 HB User
not diagnoised yet

Hi

I am new to this so here goes. I have a 5 yr old boy who has had issues for about the age of 1. I started to notice things like....tip toe walking (which he still does) he didnt like get washed hated his hair getting touched, didnt like anyone touching his things wouldnt sit on a chair if there was crumbs, the toilet had to be mega clean or he wouldnt use it infact wouldnt use any toilet other than his on, to this day he still hasnt used the schools toilet. constantly keep changing if there was even a tiny mark on his clothes. Hates trousers and anything that has long sleeves likes to be barefooted. If it was too windy it would set him off or raining. I always thought his speech was ok because I could understand him, but the nursery referred him to speech and language because they felt he wasnt good at understanding things and not clear talker. He hates change and really struggles with transition periods at school. He started the primary in aug and they have been having problems with him. He wouldnt go to the gym hall at gym time because this same hall is used to have lunch in and that just wasnt right to him that it could be used for two things. he does play with toys infact i think he has too much imagination and needs to be told that he isnt a dog which is his obsession at the moment (Dogs). He dosent like playing outside is happy to be at home and not go anywhere. Hides from people when in busy places. Has never been a good sleeper always up till 1am or later. takes everything you say as black or white never gets sarcasim. He did have an ados assessment last yr where they said he scored however not enough for an asd diagnoised. They did say about sensory issues and reffered to ot. I just feel that now he is getting older things are more apparent. Sorry for the long post and just would like to know if anyone has had same experience or advice many thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply