It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

jets66 HB User
Transition services

Good evening -

My son is a HS senior, and we are looking for residential transition programs for adults on the spectrum. I have met with the College Internship Program (CIP) in CA and MA, and Chapel Haven in CT. I am also going to be visiting Chapel Haven West in AZ, Spectrum College Transition Program (AZ), and Advance LA (CA).

We are heading to due process with the school district, and I want to make sure I've looked at as many appropriate programs beforehand. For us, "appropriate" means a residential, immersive program that deals with independent living skills, executive function, social, self care, etc. skills, as well as college prep (as opposed to college prep and the other stuff less prominent).

Does anyone know of any other programs out there that might work? I'm open to anywhere in the US.

Many thanks, and a happy thanksgiving to all the folks in the USA.

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
transition to adulthood