It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
(female)

charliechalk HB User
help with daughter's symptoms. asd testing HELP!!

My daughter is currently going through a multi agency assessment for autistic spectrum. She is eleven in july and due to a few of her behaviours, which i will explain in a moment, and the fact that her brother has been diagnosed a few years ago with autistic spectrum at age 12 they want to assess her too.
Her behaviour is as follows: She will ask odd questions to people and make rude comments, not seeing them as rude or understanding why people are upset with her. She has trouble reading certain facial expressions or picking up on non verbal clues. She lies alot and really honestly doesn't seem to have any idea that they are lies - like she can't see the difference between real life and imaginary.
She has difficulty understanding phrases such as 'keep your hair on' 'I am pulling your leg',She seems to have no idea if someone is being sarcastic to her.
she is quite immature and baby ish, is very close to me but gets very angry with her dad -often hits and bites him/ she says she feels possessed and doesnt mean to!!
( he doesn't live with us and we broke up 9 years ago)
However she does not have any obsessions, she is quite sociable and gives eye contact ( sometimes abit over staring, however) Her vocabulary is excellent. She has been diagnosed with dyspraxia and sensory processing probs.
She is significantly behind in some areas at school. She is about to go up to senior school and I have applied for a statement of sen, as the school is reluctant to. (they were with my son as well but he has one now)
After her appointment with the speech therapy unit for them to put forward their report to the assessment they say she seems like she exhibits some signs but some she doesn't and if she does have it then it is mild. Does anyone have any idea if it could be anything else(any other condition) if it isn't autsim and what route shall i take. we have an appointment at the cdc at the hosptial but not until november.
thank you for reading and any help would be fab!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
asd, confused, testing