It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

ANA 1:160 Homogenous

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User
ANA 1:160 Homogenous

Diagnosed by one Rheumy with UCTD, diagnose with nothing by another Rheumy. No treatment offered. All other tests negative, anyone else have this pattern and titre?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2016, 03:26 AM   #2
lintek55
(female)

lintek55 HB User
Re: ANA 1:160 Homogenous

Hi VicLF,
Yes, for about 4-5 years now. I have the same count and pattern. My last one was 1:180 and I have the same homogeneous pattern as you do.

what is it that you exactly have? I don't know what the initials you wrote stand for.

I have various symptoms now for years but won't go to a rheumy Dr. as my family Dr. referred me to do. I'm basically sick and tired of going to doctors.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
ccc073
(female)

ccc073 HB User

My numbers are 1:160 homogeneous pattern and I have lupus.

CCC

The Following User Says Thank You to ccc073 For This Useful Post:
VicLF (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
lintek55
(female)

lintek55 HB User

ccc073,
Are you on any medication for your lupus. How long did it take for you to get a diagnosis of Lupis?
I'm supposing as well that you had other tests performed besides just the ANA right?
Does the medication you are on stop your hair from falling out and fraying it around your face? plus all the other uncomfortable symptoms that go along with it?
I hope VicLF that the Dr. who diagnosed you helps you. why did you have to go to a 2nd rheumy Dr. and did they explain why they aren't giving you any meds for your positive lupus?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
ccc073
(female)

ccc073 HB User

I take Plaquenil 200mg a day. I have tried 400mg, but it makes my hair fall out. The test they ran all of the test everything was normal except ANA, RNP, Anti-smith and scl-70. My main complaint is pain in joints especially my hands. They swell and are weak, too. It didn't take too long to get diagnosed. When the issues started, I already had a Rheumy because I have fibromyalgia. I explained to him something was different all of the sudden, he agreed and ran the blood work. It took about 8 months after that to get a diagnosis although he said a high anti-smith was virtually diagnostic two months in. I also have fevers and anemia.

Currently there is no kidney involvement.

CCC

Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User

UCTD stands for Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. The rheumy that diagnosed that prescribed Plaquenil and I tried it for about 6 weeks, but the severe stomach upset never subsided. We started at 200mg and lowered it to 100mg in that time, but it didn't help. It just didn't agree with my system. I saw a 2nd rheumy because the other one acted frustrated that I was unable to take Plaquenil and didn't offer anything for relief for the symptoms.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:43 AM   #7
lintek55
(female)

lintek55 HB User

Do either of you get a rash out of the sky blue at different times of the month on different areas of the body that can itch for over a week and have a sand paper feeling to it? I wish you both the best outcome on this crazy and very difficult illness to diagnosis is. that's why I DON"T want to go to the dr. because of all the months, years it could take. IT comes and goes. I too had a diagnosis initially with fibromyalgia years ago and from there it progressed to pulled meniscus mopping a floor and needing surgery and in opposite knee it feels weird too. vitamin D3 deficiency, inflamed psoas muscle when I don't even do sports or run. pain in colder months with all joints. it's insane. the list can go on. so I'm glad you are both able to find out a name for yours so you can get trearted before it gets worst.
if you find out anything else about your diagnosis in both of you, please keep me updated. I'm interested in finding out more info on this.
thank you both.

The following user gives a hug of support to lintek55:
VicLF (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User

Lintek55, I don't get a rash, per se, but I have rosacea on my face and it seems to get worse when I feel worse and have other symptoms. I also get these little spots on my upper body sometimes that look a little like a cold sore, but without the blister. They are very small and solitary and I will get them on my upper arm or chest or face. They don't really itch, just are annoying. My rosacea is really noticeable. I don't go anywhere without makeup because of it and it is much worse at times, like now. My skin will dry out and look scaly on my face, on top of it being so red.

I have made a follow-up appointment with my original rheumy. She seemed to take me seriously and wanted to get to the bottom of things, it was just frustrating that she doesn't want to treat the symptoms. I don't like to take daily meds and don't like the feeling of pain meds, but it would be nice to go a day without any joint pain or headaches or other aches and pains. I can't take ibuprofen or NSAIDS because of my stomach and Tylenol doesn't seem to do anything at all for discomfort. There has to be another option besides Plaquenil, which I can't take.

Good luck to you. I know that it stinks having to go to doctors Sometimes you have to though. Keep trying and don't give up trying to find an answer.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:29 AM   #9
lintek55
(female)

lintek55 HB User

Hi VicLF,

My mom would get the red rash over the bridge of her nose and onto her cheeks too. plus she'd get a scaly itchy rash on her knee that was persistant for months and she'd always be putting cortisone cream on.. I did't realize till I'm older now and with problems that she too could have had the autoimmune illness that spread to my two children as well as me. Oh! and my brother with the Gorhams disease.
I am SO happy to hear you made a follow up appnt with the original rheumy Dr who actually wants to get to the bottom of your illness and do more investigation. Maybe this time he can treat you for your pain if you tell him you cant' take the NSAIDS.
most of my inner circle of friends and family can't take that either. I love it.. it helps with my joint pain or after I've exurted myself washing the car or cleaning the house in spots I normally don't reach.. its weird how the next few days after doing a lot of work that I ache all over and have the low grade fever thing going on. So I take an NSAID and it works.

I feel for you. did you ever take pictures of the eruptions you get and show them to your dr.? this might help the Dr.

I forgot to mention to you too that the 2nd rheumy dr I went to whom a secretary told me SHE goes to is great. I didn't realize he was a holistic approach Dr. so he wouldn't give me any type of pain med at first. He eventually did after we tried the methods he suggested. But I stopped going to him.. he wanted me on fentynl patches. I don't recall because it was years ago, but I never got it filled. maybe the insurance wouldn't cover it.

my memory is shot!!! It DRIVES me up the wall.. I'm 56 so know one would think I feel I have the mind of a person who's in their late 90's with dementia. I'm not kidding. it's horrible.

Please keep us updated on your follow up appnt. when do you have to see him or her? I hope you get the help you so much need. Blessings to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to lintek55 For This Useful Post:
VicLF (11-17-2016)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:57 AM   #10
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User

Do you also have other positive blood tests?

Reply Reply