It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

Some advice and help concerning symptoms?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2017, 04:50 AM   #1
Wanonymous
(male)

Wanonymous HB User
Some advice and help concerning symptoms?

Hello, I have not been diagnosed with any disease, but doctor said an immune disease is possible. It's a difficult situation, and I was wondering what questions I should ask the doctor (I'm seeing another one) to get to the cause of my symptoms.

Symptoms: fatigue, memory and concentration issues, constipation, flatulence, numbness and tingling in hands and feet, itchy skin all over, cold intolerance. Colonscopy and endoscopy was normal. No celiac disease or gastrointestinal diseases except eosinophilic esophagitis and reflux. Thyroid normal. Vitamins and minerals normal. Doctor said rheumatic diseases were not a possiblity, but would not rule out autoimmune diseases. I don't know if one can completely rule out rheumatic diseases though. Any help here would be great.
Blood tests:
IgG 12.0 referance range(6.1 -14.9)
IgA 1.4 (0.7 -3.7)
IgM 2.8 (0.4 - 2.1)
RF-latextest >450 (<20)
ANTICCP <1 (<7)
ANA NEG (NEG)
ANCA Performed ( - )
MPO-ANCA <0.3 (<3.5)
PR-3-ANCA 0.6 (<2.0)

Last edited by Wanonymous; 05-09-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Some advice and help concerning symptoms?

Alot of autoimmune diseaes do not show up in blood work..

I have Multiple Sclerosis, this is diagnosed after ruling out everything else but there are tests which help bring the dx closer...these start with a MRI of the brain.

Have you considered seeing a neurologist? He would be your best bet for dx autoimmune (or ruling it out).

Your symptoms are kind of vague and could be from anything. Please dont jump to conclusions that it is MS or any other autoimmune disease...

Old 05-09-2017, 05:52 AM   #3
Wanonymous
(male)

Wanonymous HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Alot of autoimmune diseaes do not show up in blood work..

I have Multiple Sclerosis, this is diagnosed after ruling out everything else but there are tests which help bring the dx closer...these start with a MRI of the brain.

Have you considered seeing a neurologist? He would be your best bet for dx autoimmune (or ruling it out).

Your symptoms are kind of vague and could be from anything. Please dont jump to conclusions that it is MS or any other autoimmune disease...
Hello, thanks for your answer. I have seen a neurologist and there was nothing noteworthy there, all was fine. All he did was basically make me walk front and back and lightly stabbed me with needles which I could feel. I don't have MS as I had an MRI due to severe headaches some time back and it was normal. I agree these symptoms are vague. Do you know what tests I could have done to narrow it down a bit?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanonymous View Post
Hello, I have not been diagnosed with any disease, but doctor said an immune disease is possible. It's a difficult situation, and I was wondering what questions I should ask the doctor (I'm seeing another one) to get to the cause of my symptoms.

Symptoms: fatigue, memory and concentration issues, constipation, flatulence, numbness and tingling in hands and feet, itchy skin all over, cold intolerance. Colonscopy and endoscopy was normal. No celiac disease or gastrointestinal diseases except eosinophilic esophagitis and reflux. Thyroid normal. Vitamins and minerals normal. Doctor said rheumatic diseases were not a possiblity, but would not rule out autoimmune diseases. I don't know if one can completely rule out rheumatic diseases though. Any help here would be great.
Blood tests:
IgA 1.4 (0.7 -3.7)
IgM 2.8 (0.4 - 2.1)
RF-latextest >450 (<20)
ANTICCP <1 (<7)
ANA NEG (NEG)
ANCA Performed ( - )
MPO-ANCA <0.3 (<3.5)
PR-3-ANCA 0.6 (<2.0)

Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #5
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanonymous View Post

Blood tests:
IgA 1.4 (0.7 -3.7)
IgM 2.8 (0.4 - 2.1)
RF-latextest >450 (<20)
ANTICCP <1 (<7)
ANA NEG (NEG)
ANCA Performed ( - )
MPO-ANCA <0.3 (<3.5)
PR-3-ANCA 0.6 (<2.0)
First off, many autoimmune diseases are rheumatic diseases. Your rheumatoid factor (RF) test is extremely high, which should be looked at by a rheumatology expert. Other tests should be done as well to rule out rheumatoid arthritis ( xray or MRI to see erosions in joints), sed rate, CRP,CBC for anemia and follow up over time. You definitely have an abnormal blood test result, coupled with whatever symptoms you have, that requires investigation.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
Sarrahj
(female)

Sarrahj HB User

Hi,
Hope its not too late to give advice, but you may have a parasite manifesting in your body.. Go to your doctors and ask for a comprehensive stool test. I think thats what its called its basically a stool test for parasites in varied cycles, meaning it should be able to detect even if its dead or hard to see. Diet is also important you'll find if you cut out sugar and dairy for a while. You'll see a great improvement. Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarrahj For This Useful Post:
Wanonymous (10-21-2017)
Reply Reply