It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 08:43 AM   #1

iceangel1229 HB User
Question bump behind ear

Hi,
I woke up a few days ago with my ear feeling really sore. I felt around and there is a small, pea sized bump on the back of my ear. It is on the crease where your ear meets your head and is just under the skin. Any ideas on what this might be? I would appreciate any replys. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by iceangel1229 (edited 09-19-2003).]

Old 10-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #2

always HB User
-i have something kind of like that [at least from your descript]- i had it checked a while back and tehy said it was probably a cist... or, a "clogged gland" of some means if i remember correctly--- it's still there, but no problems- cists can be lanced if too much trouble
-- don't know if that's helped at all, but i hope it has--- get it checked by a doctor... and best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 12:37 AM   #3

Lexi1234 HB User
I get those...

I get these all the time. I can get them in my ear or behind or on my ear... they are painful but my guess is they are harmless. I have a skin disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa and this is what I always chalked them up to be. If youre very worried about it, go to the doc... otherwise, wait a few weeks and see what happens to it... try warm compresses (take a washcloth and soak it in warm water) and hold it on the bump.
Lexi

Old 01-22-2005, 12:32 AM   #4
(female)

pegliu HB User
Re: bump behind ear

hi iceangel1229,
I was wondering what ever became of your bump? I have a painful bump also in a similar location. Thanks!

Old 01-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User
Re: bump behind ear

Because of the location of the lump you should get it checked out. The lymph nodes run down from that area, and a doctor would def feel it. It is never out of line for you to seek medical advice. Each of us is different, and a swelling of any kind should be checked. Just go to your family doctor and they can take it from there.

Bonnie

Closed Thread