It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #1

Jess0018 HB User
Unhappy Armpit Lump

I haven't been on the boards for a while but I thought I would run a problem by all of you.

I have been getting very painful lumps under my armpits. I used to get one once in a while but now they are occuring more frequently.

I have problably had 5 since mid June. They vary in size ranging from a dime to a quarter and most of the time they turn red. I know for sure they are not ingrown hairs. They usually go away about 3-4 days after I get them but they can last longer up to 2 weeks. They don't feel with pus and are usually tender and hard to touch. I got one about a week ago and it was more painful than usual. I had a lot of pain when I moved my arm in any direction and that is not normal.

I know it could possibly be swollen lymph nodes but I was wondering if this sounds famililar to anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: Armpit Lump

Cystic acne type lesions, lymph nodes or impacted sweat glands known as Hidradenitis suppurativa are possibilities I reckon.

Last edited by Constant; 08-12-2005 at 06:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I really don't have any info for you, but I had something similiar about 25 yrs. ago after I'd had my first child. The doctor could never tell me for sure what it was, but he had me using warm compresses on my underarm and he had me quit using antiperspirant. He told me to use cornstarch body powder instead for a while. I always figured it could have been a clogged sweat gland, but it could have had something to do with hormones after the birth of my baby, milk glands from breastfeeding, cysts from the IV's I had--I really don't know. Finally, they went away and I haven't had the problem since.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
(female)

MPaige HB User

That does sound like it could possible be a mild case of Hidradenitis Suppurativa....check out website: www.hs-usa.org....I am a HS sufferer.

Mellissa

Closed Thread