It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
(female)

anxiouslady HB User
Skin Numbness

Hello. I have a question about skin numbness and wondered if anyone else has had this happen.

At night my husband tends to massage my back in order to help me fall asleep. As he runs his hand across what I would say is my belt line and when he massages there, I have this sensation that my skin has gone numb. I quickly jump up only to realize that everything is fine and that my body has not gone numb but it still freaks me out. Its the strangest thing, like I can no longer feel my skin. I have had this sensation happen as well on my upper back area by my neck. I searched around and the only thing I could find was a reference to fibromyalgia and that the skin sometimes is overly sensitive to touch. Has anyone else experiences this?

As far as other health issues, I do have a sleep disorder, a skin condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa and an anxiety/panic disorder. Maybe this is being caused by my anxiety disorder but I figured I would post to see if anyone else has had this happen. I appreciate any response. Thank you so much.
anxiouslady

Old 01-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
(female)

April414 HB User
Re: Skin Numbness

I have a place on back, a little higher than where my bra strap goes, it's almost round, between the size of a quarter and a .50 piece I guess. Most of the time anything toches it, it feels numb although there are times I have a hard time rinsing out my hair for how it feel when the water hits it. Really sensitive, almost painful. In the begining when it first started I stretched my arm back towards it and tried to pinch it, I could feel it but it didn't hurt. Weird. I haven't thought to ask my arthritis dr. about it yet but I just figured it was part of the fibro.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

latte163 HB User

Hi-
It's funny because I often feel weird things and don't always want to probe everyone at the site about the millions of things I feel- but this time I didn't have to!! I have FMS, CMP and GAD w/ panic. I will often be working at my desk and feel on the right side of my lower neck spreading into the left shoulder blade area and across to my shoulder go what feels like numb. It freaked me out the first couple of times but now I'm used to it. I think it's more FMS than anxiety though.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
(female)

anxiouslady HB User

Hi Latte163,
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking what is FMS and CMP? I know what GAD is but haven't heard the other 2 abbreviations before. Thanks!
anxiouslady

Closed Thread