It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
(male)

g-daddy HB User
Unhappy Sweat/soap residue build up on pubic hair?

Hey guys,

I was trimming my pubes recently and thought how weird it was (I have always had this) that I had thick, yellowish white pubes on the bottom of my ballsac. For some reason I scraped the hair, and a residue of some kind came off. I am pretty sure it is sweat/bacteria buildup instead of soap, but it could be either (pretty much odorless). I started scrubbing my balls harder than I did before, stretched them left and right while I soaped, etc., but the buildup still happens.

Is this normal? Does anyone else have this? How do you "cure" it?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Sweat/soap residue build up on pubic hair?

It's most likely an infection. You can look up Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Trichomycosis Pubis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
(male)

g-daddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
It's most likely an infection. You can look up Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Trichomycosis Pubis.
Doesn't sound like either of those. It's a whitish/yellowish, scentless (at least after taking a shower) build up. It's only on certain areas (the outside of the sac where hair is between my legs and balls, and then the center line of the scrotum). I've also had it for years. There's no pain or anything, I just recently found out it was some form of buildup. The two you listed look pretty gross and sound like there is pain or discomfort associated with them!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If it is sweat or soap, why doesn't it come off when you wash?
There is no pain with Trichomycosis Pubis, unless you cut yourself shaving to get rid of it.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa I don't know much about.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
(male)

hursty HB User

Hi, i have the same thing, whitey yellow pubes on the base of the underside of my penis and on my sac. I have read up on it and it is bacterial infection, nothing serious and is painless, i was freaked out major by it at first. You can usually get rid of it by shaving then using anti-bateria soap when they start to come back to look after them.

havent done this yet but will be in the next few days, just hope it goes

Old 08-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
(female)

whatsthetruth HB User

My husband is having the same issue and I'm trying to help him figure out what is going on.. I do not think that the problem is Hidradenitis Suppurativa.. Read on and see what I found about that...

[DELETED]

-----------

I've been researching A LOT about it and there seem to be a lot of ppl with this issue but I also do not think it is Trichomycosis Pubis because from what I have read about that it is mostly common in the armpit area and not so common in the pubic region... Hopefully I will find out more answers. It seems very likely to be sweat build up but I am still unsure why showering and washing does not get rid of the buildup!
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-17-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only. Do not post text from other sources.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
(male)

hellohello1234 HB User

This is For anyone searching for answers to this white residue build up on pubic hair.

It is White Piedra (caused from fungis). Any one can get it, young or old, male or female, good hygiene or bad hygiene. Most common in Hot-Humid climates. After research Ive come to the conclusion that it was caused from one of three things (or a combination of) for me. 1) moved to a hotter more humid climate. 2) Using Stagnated Water for showering (water stagnation is caused from water being still for a long period of time or stored in a container in the heat for a long period of time), stagnated water is ideal for bacteria and fungus to grow in. 3) there is an extreme amount of dust and sand in the air, and the fungus that causes white piedra can be found sometimes in dirt and sand. and can also travel in the air. Ive never had this problem before moving here, (Iraq). Before I came here I was living in the Northwest of the U.S., with clean shower water, cleaner air and it is not as humid. I also think a leading factor in causing this problem was the fact that everytime I take a shower, my genitals never actually have the chance to dry before they are damp again with sweat, so its a contant moist area, perfect for the fungus to thrive in.

After reasearch this is the method I believe will work and I am trying right now. I believe for best results, do all steps.

((((Gauranteed PLAN))))

-shave infected hair off
-shower 2 TIMES A DAY
-before showering, use an ANTI-BACTERIAL wet-wipe (keep in mind that fungus is different from bacteria and Anti-Bacterial chemicals don't really have much affect towards fungus,but should aid in the process of removing the fungus)
-then in the shower use Anti-Bacterial bar soap (Lather infected area vigorously then let soap soak for 5 - 10 minutes) then rinse.
-then using a shampoo containing Pyrithione Zinc (REGULAR Head & Shoulders will do) vigorously massage into infected area and let soak for 5 - 10 minutes
-then after your shower use another anti-bacterial wipe, wipe infected area
-then apply an Anti-Fungal Such as LAMISIL
-then if in a hot humid climate or if you know you will sweat alot apply a moister absorbent body powder lightly

((((THIS SHOULD WORK-PLAN))))

Ok now keep in mind that is my ATTACK IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT plan, a simpler method that should work is to just make sure you shave and use shampoo containing Pyrithione Zinc (Head and Shoulders) and apply anti-fungle cream (such as LAMISIL) every day for 2-4 weeks.

Closed Thread