It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

Momofshyan HB User
Autoimmune and ovaries question

First of all my 16 yr old daughter has been extremely sick for the last 2 months and still no diagnosis. It started 3 yrs ago when the headaches began and the pressure in her spinal fluid was found to be really high and abdominal pain along with reynauds phenominon and the strange
3-D like lines or wheals that appeared on her skin randomly; suspected of having lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis some point in her life. Then 3 years of nothing until 2 months ago. It started again with abdominal pain, back pain, and high abdominal pain that worsened. Turned out to be pancreatitis, mild kidney issues, skin eruptions daily and full body rashes or after taking a shower lines that looked like bruises almost. Also, 2 months ago the first trip to the hospital reavealed in cat scan Shyan had two small ovarian cysts; one of which ruptured causing the tremendous pain leaving 1 cyst measuring 1 cm. Exactly 7 days later upon another hospital trip due to all these symptoms surmounting another cat scan revealed that same cyst that measured 1 cm one week earlier now was 8 cm. This prompted a visit to the OBGYN the very next day and surgery--her ovary had a 8 cm complex cyst that needed to be sent for biopsy. Her mensus has been so heavy now 6 weeks after the surgery that it was alarming and even after being put on the pill still bleeds abnormally. Another cyst on left ovary. Now most of her connective tissue is very achy and painful. AAAARRGGG. Does anyone else have these sorts of problems with autoimmune disease?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Autoimmune and ovaries question

Sorry to hear your daughter's having such a rough time! I have celiac disease, physical urticaria with dermatographia (hive-like "skin lines" - I'm all red and blotchy coming out of the shower), juvenile rheumatoid, ovarian cysts and AI hypothyroid, so I can attest to AI diseases bunching up together.

Some docs think polycystic ovarian syndrome itself might be autoimmune.

I'd suggest she get tested for celiac if they haven't tested her already, celiac can cause chronic pancreatitis. Good luck, I hope it's just some viral infection that will blow over!!!

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 10-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Closed Thread