It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

rosehips HB User
Angry Are these symptoms showing an autoimmune disorder?

Hello. I am a 26 year old woman, I am 5'9", 145 lbs.
About 3 years ago, I came down with mono and spinal meningitis (at the same time), and I have not felt well since.

The symptoms I am experiencing are:
Chronic leg pain... my feet (specifically my arches), ankles, and calves are always in pain. They get much worse at night. My BF is a sweetheart and massages them out every night, but if he didn't, I would literally be crying out in pain. Not to sound dramatic, but it is intense pain.

My finger nails are flaking, chipping and have little black "tick marks" under them. I don't know how else to describe them... They are like little blackish lines, under my nails. I have so many on EVERY nail, that I refuse to go out without polish now.

Random nausea... Every now and again (maybe about 3 times a week), I get severe nausea. My stomach bloats up and cramps, and I feel like barfing.

I'm very sensitive to heat (makes me nauseous and generally feel awful). Also, I had a doctor run a bloodwork up twice about 1.5 years ago, and something called ANA came back positive twice.

Please help. Is this autoimmune? I do not have insurance or anything, so finding a doctor willing to study this is nearly impossible.

The following user gives a hug of support to rosehips:
mybodiesgivenup (02-24-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
(female)

teAlexis HB User
Re: Are these symptoms showing an autoimmune disorder?

I had some of those symptoms: the nails and specks and leg weakness. They diagnosed me with an autoimmune disease called Dermatomyositis. I also had these purple papules on my fingers and a rash over my chest and back and face. I had to go on Prednisone and now four months later it's finally subsided.

I think it was brought on in one of those rare reactions to a chemical (lidocaine) which I used lots of on my scalp two nights prior to the reaction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

mybodiesgivenup HB User

Everything you are going through - especially without healthcare - must be so frustrating! Certainly someone can tell you they think you might have an auto immune disease or something, but truly, you need to somehow get healthcare and seek a Dr. that can give you the proper answers that are just for you based on tests they will run! I hope you are able to find the answers you are looking for. I do have health care, and it took over 20 years for me to get a diagnosis! so, be persistent! Take care

Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
(male)

KCA82 HB User

It does sound Autoimmune. ANA is an AntiNuclear Antibody test. If that came back positive twice. Then have them (Docs) run a test for Anti-Double Stranded DNA Antibody. Only a few of your symptoms listed fit Lupus. But with 2 positive ANA Tests, that would at least warrant the Double Stranded Test. Its tough without insurance, but im almost sure the Double-Stranded DNA Antibody Test will narrow things down. God Bless

Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
(female)

historie86 HB User

I think positive ANA could mean Lupus. I'm not a 100% sure, but I would look in to it.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
(male)

Dyusten HB User

go on a glutin free diet and see if that helps.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
(female)

Demory HB User

Hello, I have autoimmune Hemolyic Anemia , where my own immune system is attacking my red blood cells. I started having systoms a year ago, of being tired after having 8 hour sleep. I went to donate blood and was turned down because my blood count was low. I had complete blood count done and found out my blood count was 6.9. I had 2 units of blood given to me the next day. I have been fighting this for a year now, and my blood count is up to 9.3. I am on 50 mg predinsone, 100 mg Imutran, right now per day.
Have you been to a blood Doctor yet? They would find out if you had an autoimmune disorder. Hope you find out something soon,
Demory

Old 05-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #8
(male)

ShadNuke HB User

My ANA came back positive with Rhumatoid arthritis, but that alone isn't necessarily the sign of autoimmune disease. Blood work is really needed so things can be ruled out and diagnosed. Hope you can get it sorted out before things become irreversible, if it is something that can be treated. Good luck!

Kevin

Closed Thread