It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

Chella M HB User
Positive ANA, low titer, homogeneous/speckled

I am experienceing severe joint pain, especially in the knees and wrists. Severe muscular pain comes and goes in both arms, calfs, and thighs. It is difficult to ascend and descend stairs. Exposure to the sun seems to worsen the pain. I am fatigued daily. I have migraine headaches at least 4 to 5 times a month and seasonal allergies are the worst they have been in my life. Initial blood tests were negative for RA and Lupus. PCP thinks it is some sort of autoimmune, possibly connective tissue disorder. Rheumatogists does not think it is autoimmune at all. Her thoughts were that it is osteoarthritis. She never really addressed the myalgias. I am currently taking a high-dose anti-inflammatory med along with Tramadol for pain. They don't take the pain away, but they help keep me mobile and take the edge off. I am becoming discouraged because I never feel "right" and I seem to be getting conflicting information from my docs. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there hope?

Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
Re: Positive ANA, low titer, homogeneous/speckled

A lot of these conditions are very similar. It seems like you can see one rheumatologist and get one diagnosis and go to another and get a different diagnosis.

So I would go and get a second opinion.

What was your ANA titer? Some doctors ignore it because they say that low titers are found in healthy people. But let your symptoms be the most important. We're people not blood tests. There are people who test negative for conditions, but definitely have them.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread