It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

jillal HB User
Unhappy Help... Autoimmune... all of a sudden?

I am a 40 year old female...I had one baby boy in 5 of 2009 and another baby boy in 1 of 2011.......I was diagnosed w/ preeclampsia 10 days after delivery of my second baby.....liver enzymes were mildly elevated then....also found mutiple large nodules on my thyroid and diagnosed with Hash's Thyroiditis during my hospital stay for preeclampsia.....Had a total thyroidectomy the end of March 2011....dr. suggested removing total thyroid due to my possible risk of thyroid cancer (I had Hodgkins Disease treated with radiation to the mantle area as a child)...Surprise, surprise....there was pappillary cancer in the nodules but the amount was so small the doc said it did not spread....currently on 137mc of thyroxine and THOUGHT i was doing ok....I am having no symptoms but my ANA and AMA both came back positive (ANA with a speckled pattern of 1:40)..my AMA was 1:60 in March and it is 1:80 now.........my ALT (63) and AST (50) seem to be dropping, but my AP seems to be rising (143).....my GGT is 172 (was not previously tested)....I had an ultrasound of liver, gallbladder and pancreas in April and results were unremarkable.........I am now scheduled for a liver biopsy on the 20th of June...doctors are not sharing much info w/ me....docs have mentioned PBC, auto. hep and lupus, but nothing definitive.......i also saw a rheumy doc who states he is sure that i do not have any type of lupus...he did order some blood tests for that but they have not came back yet......he also mentioned that i probably have a liver disorder..........If anyone has ANY insight to the above please respond......i feel lost and kind of like a bomb waiting to explode or like what is going to happen next......i have a baby, and BAM!...all this stuff happens (none of which i was aware of previously, if it was there, and none of which i had any symptoms for) also does anyone know what a cat scan guided liver biopsy is like...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
(male)

ShadNuke HB User
Re: Help....Autoimmune....all of a sudden?

I was diagnosed with RA 2 years before I had my 2nd back surgery for a herniated disc. After the minimally invasive surgery, my RA kicked into high gear. Odd things happen, and I've heard of strange things happening after or during pregnancy. Personally, I don't have any insight into what may be your problem, but offer my support. Hope you find out soon, I can't see a doctor leaving you in the dark, it could just be that your symptoms are so all over the place that they can't really put a finger on a single diagnosis. From what I read above, you are already an experienced fighter. Be strong and hang in there, you will know soon.

Kevin

Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
(female)

jillal HB User
Re: Help....Autoimmune....all of a sudden?

thanks for your response and support..i have since been diagnosed w/ Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and have been given medication i have to take 3x daily....not a great diagnosis to have, but my liver enzymes have normalized.....still....i keep waiting to see what is coming next...i have 2 boys, ages 1 and 3, and the 3 year old is getting rashes and hives all over his body that do not itch for unknown reasons...he also has a constant cough and running nose....has been tested for basic allergies with negative results....i keep thinking is it something autoimmune and is it from me?....anyways, enough of me, i hope everything turns out well for you...thanks again for the response

Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
(female)

Saundrella HB User
Re: Help... Autoimmune... all of a sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillal View Post
I am a 40 year old female...I had one baby boy in 5 of 2009 and another baby boy in 1 of 2011.......I was diagnosed w/ preeclampsia 10 days after delivery of my second baby.....liver enzymes were mildly elevated then....also found mutiple large nodules on my thyroid and diagnosed with Hash's Thyroiditis during my hospital stay for preeclampsia.....Had a total thyroidectomy the end of March 2011....dr. suggested removing total thyroid due to my possible risk of thyroid cancer (I had Hodgkins Disease treated with radiation to the mantle area as a child)...Surprise, surprise....there was pappillary cancer in the nodules but the amount was so small the doc said it did not spread....currently on 137mc of thyroxine and THOUGHT i was doing ok....I am having no symptoms but my ANA and AMA both came back positive (ANA with a speckled pattern of 1:40)..my AMA was 1:60 in March and it is 1:80 now.........my ALT (63) and AST (50) seem to be dropping, but my AP seems to be rising (143).....my GGT is 172 (was not previously tested)....I had an ultrasound of liver, gallbladder and pancreas in April and results were unremarkable.........I am now scheduled for a liver biopsy on the 20th of June...doctors are not sharing much info w/ me....docs have mentioned PBC, auto. hep and lupus, but nothing definitive.......i also saw a rheumy doc who states he is sure that i do not have any type of lupus...he did order some blood tests for that but they have not came back yet......he also mentioned that i probably have a liver disorder..........If anyone has ANY insight to the above please respond......i feel lost and kind of like a bomb waiting to explode or like what is going to happen next......i have a baby, and BAM!...all this stuff happens (none of which i was aware of previously, if it was there, and none of which i had any symptoms for) also does anyone know what a cat scan guided liver biopsy is like...

Old 05-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
(female)

Saundrella HB User
Re: Help... Autoimmune... all of a sudden?

You sound like you are in early stage Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. Have your doctor start you out on a trial of URSO. If your liver enzymes return to normal, this proves you have PBC and will keep taking URSO to slow down the advancement of this autoimmune disease significantly. Good luck!!

Saundrella

Closed Thread