It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
(female)

bellaangel317 HB User
Exclamation I don't know what to do...:(

Hi all, I have been "sick" for about 6 years, on and off these flu aches and tired...nothing else, no fever, no joint pain, just these flu aches. I start getting achy and a little nausious, you know that feeling when you come in from a long day and you are just achy and fluish and that nausia feeling and you wind up getting a severe cold, I get that, but I never get the cold. It lasts for weeks and then disapears for weeks or months and then comes back. I had every test, all normal. The Dr said I had fibro but I never believed him because I have no trigger points, no joint pain..this has been for 6 years.
Well in February I started feeling sick again and I have been since! This is the longest it has ever lasted. I went to the Doctor because I had some other symptoms, some dry flushing on my face and chest, dizzy and just intense achiness. They took blood work again and they said my liver enzymes were very high ALT 210, AST 80. My Vit D was 24 ( not so bad) They sent me for a million tests, a million doctors, the end result is the Sono showed a fatty liver, the CT scan said my liver was normal, the doctors are confused because they said my #'s are too high for a fatty liver, and they are not sure if these other symptoms are related to my liver or are autoimmune. My sister has connective tissue disease and has been sick for over 10years and started at my age. So the doctors wanted to do a liver biopsy, but I'm so scared, I keep putting it off. I changed rhuemys and started seeing my sisters doc in NYC and he took more blood tests and said my ANA was positive...this is the first time in 6 years it was ever positive I was shocked. He said he didn't think I had Lupus, so far all those tests are negative, he suggested the liver biopsy also. He put me on Plaquinal 2x's a day, so far I don't notice a thing, I may see a little more spurts on energy but no relief in pain, infact I think it has gotten more intense lately.
They have tested me for every liver disease inclding autoimmune Hep, and every rare autoimmune or medical condition all negative. The real kicker is I lost 40lbs from last year, why were my liver enzymes all last year and the previous years when I was 50 lbs over weight normal? and then when I loose 40lbs they are now so high? They can't answer me. He said the advil I'm taking 400mg 4x's a day is not causing my liver to go up, I don't drink either.
So I asked him what the treatment for a non Alcohol fatty liver is and he said diet, lose 10lbs , take vitamin E supplement he gave me so I convienced him ( after asking if it was safe) to let me lose the weight and see if the enzymes return to normal, if they do come down, it was a fatty liver, if they don't I have to get the biopsy. So I'm down 6lbs and I guess we'll see what happens. Wednesday I go see the Rhuemy again and I'm afraid he will put me on steroids, I saw what it did to my sister and I just can't take them.
I'm just feeling sorry for myself I know, I'm usually good and go along and deal, but it just gets to me sometimes and I just fall apart and cry, like tonight. If I knew what it was maybe I could do something and live a normal life....I know people have it way worse then me, and I'm actually probably lucky, but again, sometimes it just gets to me..
So my question is, could this be Lupus even though the tests are negative now? The ANA was positive not so impressive 1:160 Hemogeneous pattern, (I'm hoping he'll take it again on Wednesday) So anyone have any ideas? I just started working PT full time was killing me, so it's 9-2 ( still feels like FT!) Thanks for letting me vent
Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread