It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
(male)

Faraday HB User
My girlfriend has autoimmune problems. how can I help her?

Hi. First post, so hope I don't make a fool of myself. Three months ago I met the most amazing woman, and I'm crazy about her. But we live five hundred miles apart (we meet when we can), and she has autoimmune problems. Consequently a lot of our communication is very short, and she is tired all the time. Sometimes she does not want to talk and other times her head just feels awful and she can be very abrupt and irritable. I understand it's not personal, and I want to say and do the right thing, but what can I say? I don't know how to handle this, I just feel useless.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

Ressamm20 HB User
Re: My girlfriend has autoimmune problems. how can I help her?

Faraday,

First I think it is great that you care enough about her to ask for advice from others who are having similar issues. It really shows how much you care for the young woman and she is very lucky. The best advice that I have to give is be supportive. This health issues are lifelong and are very painful. Second, learn about the illness she has. Every one of these are similar in that they are autoimmune but every one affects the body differently. The more you know about her illness the more you will be able to help her through the bad times and the good. Take the time to go to a doctors appointment with her for support. I wish you both the best of luck and hope the relationship grows.

Ressa

Last edited by Ressamm20; 07-28-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
(male)

Faraday HB User
Re: My girlfriend has autoimmune problems. how can I help her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ressamm20 View Post
Faraday,

First I think it is great that you care enough about her to ask for advice from others who are having similar issues. It really shows how much you care for the young woman and she is very lucky. The best advice that I have to give is be supportive. This health issues are lifelong and are very painful. Second, learn about the illness she has. Every one of these are similar in that they are autoimmune but every one affects the body differently. The more you know about her illness the more you will be able to help her through the bad times and the good. Take the time to go to a doctors appointment with her for support. I wish you both the best of luck and hope the relationship grows.

Ressa
Thanks. I'll do that. She really is the loveliest person I have ever met and I hate to see her in pain or discouraged. I'll find out everything I can.

Closed Thread