It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Undiagnosed auto-immune

Cap:
I strongly suggest that you go to a dr who will test you for Lyme. Call Igenix in California and get the kit. Then you need a dr who will give you a lab script or one who takes the blood and send it to Igenix. Another suggestion is to go to a LLMD (lyme literate medical dr). Also, I would go on the Lyme board if i was you. I am not a woodsy person either but I did everything I just told you to do and I tested positive for lyme. I just went to a LLMD that was two hours away from my house. He is retesting me again. He sent my blood to Igenix, I am waiting for the results. Good luck and hope you find answers soon. I know who difficult it is. LaLa

Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Undiagnosed auto-immune

Because of the brain scarring from mini strokes, it is essential that you get anti-phospholipid tests done. If you are positive, you should be on anticoagulants. This is one of the associations with lupus. Also, because of the peripheral neuropathy, please ask for Vit B12 and folate blood levels, often deficient in autoimmune disease, and contributes to the PN, can be supplemented easily. Vit D is often deficient too, so that should be done as well, and supplemented if low. Iron deficiency can cause restless leg syndrome, so an iron and ferritin (stored iron level) should be tested too.
All blood tests and can be done in one draw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply