It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

Serenity07 HB User
Unhappy Colds and Hashimoto's Disease

I was just wondering if anyone who has Hashimoto's gets really sick when they get a simple cold. I am now into my 5th week with a cold. 2 weeks ago I got a bad infection of my trachea and voicebox and went on antibotics but am now starting to cough up more mucas. I was dignosed with Hashimoto's 2 years ago. I'm just wondering if this is what I have to go through every time I get a cold.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
(male)

robertcqu HB User
Re: Colds and Hashimoto's Disease

Yes, it is true mate. I have thyroid issue too. Make sure mate you use T3 with your thyroid meds. I would read more about it. I strongly advice not to use drugs, it is exactly what gave me the worst FMS you can find. I was suicidal due to muscle pain and it all came to me step by step after taking drugs for sinus and tonsils infections. I would stay sick for weeks and used 2 sessions of antibiotics to get rid of it but at the end your body is sooo weak that you get another cold even quicker. I had to leave my country to survive longer. Be careful!!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-13-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
(female)

KimberleyM HB User

I also have Hashimotos but dont get ongoing colds or flu. I would say your immune system is run down. You may need your Adrenals supported and your Ferritin levels could be very low which will give you fatigue as well. Try and find a doctor who will check your reverse T3, Cortisol, Vit D, Ferritin, DHEAS, TSH, Free T3 & T4 then you can been treated properly.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
(male)

robertcqu HB User

you r 100% correct but it was not ferritin i was low on but iron serum, doctors still dont understand why. my ferritin was 120 (8-300) with serum 11 (10-40). i noticed huge improvement after iron shots. I am improving from all fms and symptoms , i hope it will continue. i stopped testosterone and noticed i am ok, iron is keeping me strong. i am looking into rt3 theory but will only start it when my progress stops. i do qualify for t3.
i visited many doctors and no idiot suggested iron, if it was not for those good women who run t3 protocol support group i would be dead by now by hanging, that how bad i was.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
(male)

robertcqu HB User

kimberely, i thank you for the post. i already looked into all the tests you mentioned but it took me many doctors trials. i have low rt3 ft3 ratio, i know i have rt3 issue, i think i will see some miracles soon as i think my rt3 was caused by iron deficiency pooling, i gain strength every day, i hope it will continue, if not i already have t3 at cynomel.
i found one good doctor at bondi junction. dr lyn t. great and understanding and happy to take some action when needed.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
(female)

KimberleyM HB User

Hi Robert, Im also Seeing Dr Tendek at Bondi Junction. She is great and slowly fixing all of my combined problems associated with Hashi's. Ive just actually sent away my Cortisol Saliva test and will go back to see her in October. My Ferritin levels were 15 and after 4 months of a lower iron dose 20mg day from another doctor it had only gone up to 19. Doc T has me on 100mg a day now plus more T3 and a Gluten free diet, i am starting to feel better.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
(male)

robertcqu HB User

Wow, what a coincidence. My iron was ok if you looked at ferritin but serum was low and saturation as well. Your saturation must get to min 35 or better at 45, serum to min 20 (10-30). My ferritin is max now and I feel better every day. My symptoms are appearing in a very strange cycles. they all follow the lunar cycle. I am the worst on the first week of the lunar cycle and then things get better, also evenings are the worst. But now for the first time since 15 years my skin face got so much better, muscle recover and all I do is to take iron shots. I also started on pills but irritated my stomach and was in too much pain to wait. I went to see another doctor cause I could not wait for Dr Lyn another month and started asap iron shots. I went from 9 iron serum (10-30) in a matter of weeks. I got 5 injections in 10 days and then waited 2 weeks to check my levels, results were serum 17 (10-30) saturation 27 (15-45) ferritin 220 (8-300), I just got another 5 injections to go. So far it saved my life. I was real bad. If you want I can give you a nurse who does iron without any pain and no stain guaranteed, she is awesome. Pills work slow, I was taking chelated 160mg a day, watch your stomach, once you irritate its hard to heal , takes a long long time. Rob

Old 08-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
(female)

KimberleyM HB User

Thanks for the help Robert. My last test was Iron 14.4 (5.0 - 30.0) Transferrin 2.4 (2.0 - 3.6) TIBC (calc) 54 (45 - 77) Saturation 27 (10 - 45) and Ferritin 19 (15 - 200) My results dont say serum in the iron panel. She's put me on Iron Picolinate 100mg, ThyAdren Support x2 tabs, plus im already on Euroxsig 50mcg, 20mcg T3, 20mg DHEA, 1000iu D3. Does the high doses or Iron damage your stomach? Yes i would like to get the details of the nurse that does the Iron injections please.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-30-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
(male)

robertcqu HB User

Iron 14 is the iron serum.Your ferritin is very low!!! so, yes you will benefit from iron. I would not wait just get injections, no pain with that nurse. Your saturation should be at min 35. In my case I had ferritin high (120) but serum and other measures towards the bottom. Because of high ferritin nobody even looked at other things because they were within the range. I no longer trust labs, whatever low I get towards the top. I have great supplements in liquid, Vit D 4000IU in drops (one drop per day enough), I will give you details in the private message. It costs nothing and the quality is just too good. It took me years to find it.

Are you on time released T3 or the instant one?

Did you check your liver enzymes (your ferritin is low so you can have some liver issues with that, better check it to be safe)
Rob

Last edited by moderator2; 08-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
(female)

teachinaz HB User

I haven't had long lingering colds. I am around sick kids every day so I take Emergency C at the very first sign of congestion and that normally takes care of it. I've also been washing my hands and keeping them away from my face, and clean my students' desks every day during the flu season. I know this isn't much help to you, but that's what I do.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 AM   #11
(female)

1235 HB User

Hi just wondering if any of you are suffering from hair loss?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

I did when I was first diagnosed, but the hair loss stopped when I was successfully treated.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
(female)

1235 HB User

What were you exactly diagnosed with? and what meds/vitamins did you take to treat it? I am suffering from adrenal fatigue and am currently on T3 20mg and started Hysone 14mg. I am taking Vit C, mangesium, zinc and iron. How long did it take for your hair loss to stop?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and went on Synthroid. My skin almost immediately started looking better - I got that nasty coarse skin on my chin - and I think it was maybe a month or less before I noticed my hair was much fuller. I did end up being diagnosed with a connective tissue disease after several years and that certainly hasn't helped my hair! I also started turning grey when I was a teenager.

Closed Thread