It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

Mbur500 HB User
advice for underarm HS

Hi all, pretty new here and am looking for some opinions. Have HS all over but recently the golf ball under my arm pit is my major problem. I went gluten free 6 months ago and it seems to have gotten worse possibly. A week ago overnight the site flared up to golf ball size (visibly has many boils that are very deep in the skin). It has never drained or even come close to the surface like many of my other spots. By the next day despite hot compresses, I had redness, heat, and a slight white line extending down my arm towards my elbow. I called the dr and was prescribed Levaquin and an appointment for the following day. At the appointment I was given several kenalog injections to the area. Still had pain over a day later. Called the derm again to state I felt that underneath the top of the golf ball was flaring again and I could not lift myarm. went back for more kenalog injections to the area. Was told to start doxycycline when levaquin runs out (given 7 days worth orginally). She told me to stay on the doxy for 30 days. I have another appointment next week. This flare up is different than any I've every experienced and it doesn't seem to be letting up despite hot compresses several times daily and the antibiotics. I have 1 more day of levaquin and then I will start the doxy. the injections have decreased the size and swelling of most of the golf ball. some of it still feels inflamed when I try to feel around it. But I still have pain that feels like pinches or electric zaps down my arm. I have never before experienced that and it is scaring me. The whole forearm is just tender and kind of raw feeling. Do you think the doxy will help when I start it? Should I let the derm continue to inject this area? I hate to think that it is something more serious causing this "zap" type pain (like a blood clot)..Has anyone else experienced this type of pain down the arms? thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread