It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

karaya HB User
Very Concerned

Hello there I am new here and It would mean very much to me if someone can help me understand or maybe has been in the same situation as me and can bring some light to my concern.

My blood work for the past 5 to 6 months has come back abnormal with very high counts of WBC my PCP indicated that I must have an inflammation "somewhere" well..in the meantime I have been very sick like if I had a flu constantly..tired is my major complaint and I ache all over.

After reviewing my blood results myself I decided that It was not getting me any better just telling me you "must have an inflamation" and no more action.

I requested a referral to an oncologist so he ordered more tests.. luckily he does think that it is not normal to have my WBC so high so many months.

More test were ordered and although he could not give me a diagnosis right there until blood results came back and he see me again.

I have had access to this results and this are the results (I am only including the flag ones)

WBC 13.6 High
LYMPH 4.1 High
ANC 8.9 High
IRON, TIBC AND FERRITIN PANEL - Final
% SATURATION 12 Low

GLUCOSE 104 High
ALK PHOS 136 High

There are more but they are within normal limits
my concern is because I do have family that has Leukemia
and my symptoms do indicate to this of course I don't want to
have this horrible disease although I do believe that time is of the essence if let it be there is something there.

It will be beneficial to know if anyone had this
similar tests and what has been the outcome. I do have an appointment but not until two weeks the agony of waiting is more anxious to me.

Thank You for any opinion.

Blessed Be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread