It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Dr suggested autoimmune disorder, but normal tests

For many years, I've had a very normal 98.6 body temperature. Please note that for me, it was VERY normal for my temperature to be a little high at times. I had one year where it was commonly 99/100 and I'd feel pretty normal. So this year when I noticed that I felt extremely cold in a normal temperature, achy, weak, and sick, my body temperature was low for me. Anytime it's over a full degree lower, I feel considerably worse than my highest fever. It usually lasts a few hours, but sometimes almost a day when it hits.

I talked to my doctor since I suspected hypothyroidism, especially since every symptom matches me and I have family who have the condition. All of my tests were normal. My doctor sent me back for additional, more detailed thyroid testing, and still all was normal. My doctor said it sounded like something autoimmune, but nothing came up!

I do get sick a lot more than I ever used to. I usually would only get sick maybe once every few years, and usually because I was around another sick person. Now I probably get sick about 5 times per year. My biggest struggle are some chronic pains that really interfere with my life, and constantly trying to prevent migraines. The worst of the migraines are hormone-related, so at least I have found a few ways I can prevent the severe ones from coming as often.

I came across Wilson's Temperature Syndrome, but it seems like not all doctors treat this syndrome. Do any of you have any other recommendations of things I can ask about? I'm 25 and seem to feel much older than my age with some of these aches and fatigue. I love to work out, but it's been a struggle and I can't do the workouts I did a year or two ago anymore!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread