It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

bella8286 HB User
So confused... possible thyroid autoimmune disease?

New here and have not felt well for almost a year an a half I've been to several doctors and no answers yet. I just saw an internal medicine doctor recommended by my gyn dr and based on my symptoms and a few labs I've had drawn that she reviewed, she's thinking there is something autoimmune going on that has to do with my thyroid... I was thinking more along the lines of possible lupus, ms, lyme, etc but with a low positive ANA and ONE elevated antibody related to my thyroid, she thinks it's thyroid related. What kinds of disorders would she be talking about? I have always felt like my thyroid could be off but every single time I'm tested, always "normal." I am 31 y/o and a mother of two who has always been social and active but not since last year...

To name a few of my symptoms since early 2010:
extreme fatigue
joint aches
muscle aches and weakness
tight and swollen sensation in legs
reflux
flushed face
night sweats
IBS
migraine headache
memory fog
intolerant of extreme temperatures - hot or cold
PVC's in August 2011
Hives every day that started a month ago
Mottled purple skin mainly on arms and legs

The doctor kept asking me if I was sure I hadn't had any hair loss recently and I haven't noticed that at all... anyone with similar symptoms or advice? I have an appointment on Oct. 7 to review labs drawn today (7 tubes!) and hopefully get some answers. She also suggested I cut out all fast food, junk food, tomato based foods, citrus drinks, dairy, gluten, wine and start Vit D and fish oil supplements in the meantime. What am I suppose to eat???

Thanks in advance <3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread