It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

tabbers42 HB User
Guillian Barre

I probably didn't spell that right and it's pronounced gin possibly because in the advanced stages, the person sounds like they have drank 5th's of gin when they are trying to talk.
My grandmother passed from complications with this disease and my grandpa nursed her the entire way through up to her last breath but we don't know where this came from.
I was hoping to find anyone else that would know if it is hereditary (because I take after her in ALOT of ways) for the main thing or if it is another one of those environment caused illnesses.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User
Re: Guillian Barre

I don't think it' necessarily hereditary but you might have genes that predispose you to getting it. I think a large part of this is environmental. This is food for thought...if you live in an industrial country your immune system is constantly on edge. For example, chemical exposure in the shower (shampoos and soap), chemicals in fragrances (such as purfumes), chemicals in your clothes (dryer sheets), chemical exposure to household cleaners, processed chemicals in our food, pesticides in most of our produce at the grocery store (non-organic produce), ect. ect. So it only takes that one thing to send your immune system over the edge. For me that was a seasonal flu shot!....Flu shots are gross and contain Formaldehyde, Bleach, Mercury, ect. and that was too much for my body to handle!...Stay away from chemicals and eat as much raw, organic foods that you can. Eat healthy and stay away from pharmaceuticals and anything unnatural. The next time you spray perfume or wheel through a fast food restaurant stop and ask yourself if it's really worth stressing your immune system that much more...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread