It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

abc12 HB User
Is this autoimmune?

For the past several years I've had some odd health problems and have seen a variety of Dr's, with several continuously asking me if I have an autoimmune disorder or problems with inflammation. No Dr has ever really pursued it though and I was wondering if it was worth pursuing. I'm a 26 y.o. F who was previously healthy until about 2.5 years ago. It started with liver inflammation with no known cause. I lost 23 lbs in just a couple months during this time and was pretty miserable. Eventually my liver enzymes went back to normal and my Dr just thought it was odd and wrote it off as being possibly caused by a medication. Shortly after that I started having problems with tachycardia with both constant sinus tachycardia and also SVT. I had an ablation for the SVT but still have lingering sinus tachycardia. This past summer I had Multiple Evanescent White Dot Syndrome in my left eye, which apparently is really rare. The eye Dr said that they don't really know what the cause for this is but kept asking me about autoimmune issues or inflammation issues. I've now recently developed what Drs seem to think is mild asthma even though I've never smoked or had any respiratory issues before. Is this possibly due to an autoimmune issue and worth pursuing? When the liver issue was going on, I was tested for Lupus and it was negative.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
(female)

abc12 HB User
Re: Is this autoimmune?

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Is this autoimmune?

Sweetie,
first of all, I am so sorry you are so young and have such problems. But unfortunately diseases dont have age anymore... It can affect anyone at any age and most of the time nobody knows what happened to us.

I wouldn't' worry about Lupus since Lupus is very easy to diagnose. Did you see your cardiologist? Only because you have heart issues, it means you must see a good cardiologist and if you are not satisify and your symptoms still there, make sure you go for second opinion and 3rd if needed.
I suffered with my heart problems for years, passed out many times, saw as many as 5 cardiologists, wear Halter for 24 hours many times, had couple categorizations, been admitted to the hospitals many many times!

All they find out wasn't something which could cause my symptoms.
Only one carrying cardiologist decides to put me on Halter for a month, 24/7 except shower. And guess what? He called me at 11PM saying that he is now in the office checking Halter reading and now he knows what is wrong with me and that I must have surgery tomorrow.
Yes, I needed a pacemaker ASAP even though I was too young for pacemaker. IF it wouldn't be for him, I probably wouldn't be here.
Why did i tell you this story?
Don't give up just because one or 2 doctors don't believe in your symptoms or they dismiss them. Believe me, there are so many others who really care and who really know what they are doing.

And if your heart is OK, I hope it is, and your symptoms persist, go ahead and check it out. One of your DRs is right, they don't know everything and why certain things happen to our bodies and yes it true that some medicine can increase your liver enzymes. And if this is OK, dont bother you anymore, than just consider yourself lucky that it passed you.
Not every symptom means auto immune disease, not every symptom means this is something serious, but this doesn't mean you have to ignore if your symptoms keep coming back.

Best of luck you dear and big hug
Moldova

Closed Thread