It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

Ms D HB User
Question Lupus, MS, ALS ? Strange body sensations Help!

Hello everyone,

I am 29 years old and I have some strange things happening. I am afraid that I my have another autoimmune disease. My symptoms seem to fall in many categories from Lupis, MS, and ALS.

I have had some strange things happening to me in the last few months. A rash after sun bathing for 30 minutes on my legs. Red circular pathches connected, not raised and no sensation. It went away in about an hour and also comes up it I put hot pads but not a hot shower.

ANA blood test that went from 1:80 in two months to 1:160 Homogeneous pattern.

After getting anxious I had pins and needles down my legs and on my scalp for half a day.

Three dizzy spells where the room would tilt really fast, lasting only secondís then rapid heartbeat and a little dizziness. Last two times I was hyper focused on something.

The back of my tongue had pins and needles for a day after yelling.

I had a balance test, inner ear test, eyes test that showed dry eyes which I suffer from and that is all. I had a MRI of my neck and brain, everything came back fine.

I then started experiencing body sensations again. For four days It would be small patches in random places all over my body the sensation would go from tingling to tiny shocks, crawly feeling lasting usually only seconds in each place. For a few days I had tingling in my right nostril and itchy feeling underneath my nose. I then started getting mild body jerks all over my body and small twitches. The sensations seem to get gradually worse and then start to taper off.

On day 5 I had some sensations but not many I had a EMG, a Visual Evoked Test, Somatoesensory Evoked Test and all came back normal except when they stuck the needle in my neck muscle it made some noise but the doctor said thatís probably since I have a bulging disc in my neck.

The body sensations seem to subside and then new sensations such as mild throbbing pain in different areas of my body in small patches, in my wrist, ankle, foot breast and so on. This stopped and then a few days I was ok.
At least once a week I feel fatigued and sick just not well this lasts only a few hours.

Recently I have felt my bones or maybe itís my muscles and joints that will feel throbbing achy pain that comes in waves in areas almost like a flu sensation. Such as yesterday it was my arms they hurt and then that night it was my legs. I woke up feeling like my bones were sore.

Today, I woke up feeling the vibration in my right calf after it was in my foot. I also feel this vibration in different areas but mostly my right calf today. Also feeling the jerking and some twitches in different areas and now I have a twitch in my buttocks. My hip joints feel sore. The sensations really seem random and are constantly changing every few days it seems. Sometimes I will feel a certain vibration wave twitch in an area throughout the day like my calf on and off all day..

What is going on with me??? I have panic disorder and its scary because it just makes it all worse. Sorry for this being so long I am worried and feel confused. I had my thyroid doctor tell me my symptoms seem like ALS or MS, then the neurologist said no he thinks it may be stress. Then another doctor said maybe Lupus. They only know about the sensations- the pain and throbbing and vibration is new. just this week. Thank you anyone who takes the time to read this. Thank you and God Bless.

Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Lupus, MS, ALS ? Strange body sensations Help!

Hi, I think I would get a new neurologist.....stress, they always that. I am going through a lot of the same symptoms though add severe body cramping and multiple unusual calcifications in the brain. I have been jerked around for 5 years with my symptoms and after switching ins. plans just saw new doctors. I am seeing a kidney doctor too and the neurologist took 19 vials of blood. I was tested for all kinds of autoimmune diseases, extensive m.s. tests, viruses to name a few. Sjogren's syndrome can caused the dryness and there is a test for that, though it can be negative. I would suggest seeing a rheumotologist. Lupus as you probably know can cause those rashes. I get them also. Also maybe check your electroylytes. Mine test normal, but there is something wrong as I have severe osteroporosis. However, this is interesting. I get severe chest pains, tachycardia (sinus) panicked, cramps and jolts too. If I drink pedialyte it goes away, so something isn't right, that is why I am seeing a kidney dr and will be seeing an endocrinologist. Could your parathyroids be a problem? Sometimes blood work can be normal. I am going to push for a scan. Good luck. I'll let u know if anything interesting comes up on my test results.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

Ms D HB User
Re: Lupus, MS, ALS ? Strange body sensations Help!

Mel52,

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I have had the nerve conducting test where they stick the needles in your muscles and listen, also when they send electrical currants through your body. I had the eye test where they measured my brain signal while starring at a checkered pattern. I have had two MRI 5 months apart and one done of my neck. Everything came back fine. My pituitary is a little abnormal but they said not to worry about that, its not too abnormal. My thyroid levels are good. It is my endocrinologist that suggested MS or ALS, he said the strange body sensations sound like one of those two and that I should worry just a little. My neurologist thinks it is anxiety but wants me to watch my symptoms. I hope they find out what is going on with you so you don't have to suffer anymore. You are in my thoughts please keep me posted.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

Ms D HB User
strange sensations

Hello everyone,

I have some strange things happening. I am afraid that I my have another autoimmune disease. My symptoms seem to fall in many categories from Lupis, MS, and ALS.

In June I had high anxiety I had pins and needles down my legs and then on my scalp this lasted half a day.

For the month of June I experienced panic type feelings associated with waiting too long to eat and sometimes after I ate. One day I finished my meal and a shock sensation hit me and a flushed feeling ran through my body and then rapid heartbeat. It was very scary. Have not had one since then but experience panic feelings after eating sometimes.

July I got a RASH after I was lying out in the sun for 30 minutes it affected my thighs really bad and legs. It was red circular patches connected not raised and no sensations. It disappeared after about 30 minutes. I also tried heat pad on my body and came up with the same rash in some areas. The shower does not bring the RASH on.

I had a blood test and my ANA was 1:80, Two months later I had another ANA and it was 1:160 HOMOGENEOUS PATTERN. Going to do another blood test in four months.

In November I experienced PINS AND NEEDLES on the back of my TONGUE for about a day. This came on after a fight with my husband.

I had three DIZZY SPELLS where the ROOM WOULD TILT quickly and bring on a panic type feeling, rapid heartbeat and the dizziness after would last only a few minutes and the last two times it came on I was hyper focused on something.

I had an inner ear test and a balance test, came back normal. I had an MRI of my neck and brain, that was normal. I had an eye test that came back normal except it showed dry eyes, which I suffer from.

I then started experiencing BODY SENSATIONS AGAIN. For four days It would be small patches in random places all over my body the sensation would go from tingling, tiny shocks, to crawly feeling lasting only seconds or minutes. I had a lot of tingling in my right nostril and itchy sensation underneath my nose. I also started getting these twitches and mild body jerks all over throughout the day. I had some tests done on day 5 and I had some sensations but they were tapering off.

I had a EMG, A VISUAL EVOKED TEST, SOMATOSENSORY EVOKED TEST and all came back normal except when they stuck the needle in my neck muscle it made some noise but the doctor said that’s probably since I have a bulging disc in my neck.

The body sensations seem to subside and then NEW SENSATIONS such as MILD THROBBING PAIN in different areas of my body in small patches, in my wrist, ankle, foot breast and so on. This stopped and then a few days I was ok.

At least once a week I feel fatigued and sick just not well this lasts only a few hours.

A week later I then started having MORE SENSATIONS such as a VIBRATION in the bottom of my left foot this lasted 3 days, it went away and then now is in my right calf. I now feel the mild JERK SENSATIONS again with vibration in different areas not lasting long at all.

During this time I have felt my bones or maybe its my muscles and joints that will feel a THROBBING ACHY PAIN that comes in waves in areas almost like a flu sensation. Such as yesterday it was my arms they hurt and then that night it was my legs. I woke up feeling like my bones were sore.

Today, I woke up feeling the vibration in my right calf. I also feel this vibration in different areas but mostly my right calf today and leg as well. Also feeling the jerking and some twitches in different areas and now I have a twitch in my buttocks. My hip joints feel sore.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME??? I have panic disorder and its scary because it just makes it all worse. Sorry for this being so long I am worried and feel confused. I had my thyroid doctor tell me my symptoms seem like ALS or MS, then the neurologist said no he thinks it may be stress.Then another doctor said maybe LUPUS..They only know about the sensations- the pain and throbbing and vibration is new..just this week..Thank you anyone who takes the time to read this. Thank you and God Bless.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: strange sensations

Welcome!

Throughout that which you wrote, I saw anxiety, emotional stress, and panic as long term problems which are probably why the neuro told you stress.

ALS and Lupus have specific tests. If you had either, you would have been told. Long term problems with anxiety and stress with a heaping helping of panic can manifest with MS like symptoms. Even MSers can have their condition intensified with stress.

I would suggest counseling to help you learn to deal with the stress. You can learn to channel the stress in a healthy manner. Exercise can help with this too.

Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 01-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hamfrie HB Userhamfrie HB User

My blood sugar levels went wacky for a while and a lot of your symptoms sound like that to me. Get your thyroid checked too (Free T4/Free T3 and TPO antibodides)

Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
(female)

sassygirlnh HB User

Lyme disease check into it.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #8
(female)

Ms D HB User
Can anyone relate to these odd sensations?

Hello I have decided to write another post a little less lengthy-still a little lengthy though.

In the last two months I have had strange sensations such as tingling, crawling, shock, vibration, mild twitching. These sensations are usually random and usually in small patches throughout my body. I first was anxious and had pins and needles on my legs and then it resided on my scalp for a day. A month later I was anxious and had pins and needles on the back of my tongue this lasted one day with tingling in my right nostril and itchy feeling under my nose. A week later three strange dizzy spells where the room would tilt fast and then my heartbeat would increase-the initial tilt would be immediately like a shock and last on a few seconds. For a week I had just the tingling, crawling sensation in small patches with mild jerk in different parts of my body. Then I also had tiny shock sensations. Pins and needles dissipated then I woke up with my right foot vibrating within only felt not seen. Then later I had vibration feeling in different areas of my body vibration/wave. I had a deep throb ache pain that traveled to different areas in two days from arms to legs. that went away. I started getting twitches in different areas and a lot in my right calf. Then mild jerky sensations on and off from foot, hand, neck, hip and so on..Few more dizzy spells not as intense Ėbut afterwards I feel fine just scared.
I am a worrier which makes all of this worse I would like to think its just anxiety however nothing like this has manifested itself in my life before. I also have recurring neck pain(crick) on the left side which I guess is from a bulging disc in my neck. I also have on and off tightness pain in my scapula area. I suffer from TMJ on and off where I clench terribly.

I have had MRI brain and neck( bulging disc and beginning cervical spondylosis)(mild bulging of pituitary gland(normal) EMG and EEG and NCS all came back normal. For my dizziness I had the tilt test for inner ear, that was normal. Eye exam that confirmed my dry eyes. Blood test-thyroid is back to normal. Adrenal function test-normal. ANA 1:160 Homogenous pattern. I also currently see a therapist for my anxiety. It was my endocrinologist that said ALS or MS can present like this(body sensations)

Please can someone give me some insight on what could be going on?

Thank you all God Bless

Last edited by moderator2; 01-09-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: fix the smilie code

Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Can anyone relate to these odd sensations?

hi,
have you and your doctor discussed restless leg syndrome? i have/had it and it affects all of my body. it was really rough for about 10 years then just sorta went away. little bits now and then but nothing like it was.
the name is deceptive. makes you think only your legs are involved. not true. in many cases the entire body is affected. i had and still have eye twitches, internal vibrations, involuntary jerks. during the 10 years it was really nasty i was a walking herky jerky. i was given quinine at first, helped, went allergic. then to neurontin, helped, went allergic and had stroke like episodes. quit the med and don't have much problem with it so i don't take anything now.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread

Tags
crawling, fasciculations, jerks, parathesias, positive ana, tingling, vibration